|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 Ã‚â€“ Yellow Mittens and Early Violets (March 1972).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuki do after changing her clothes on the day of the wake?
(a) She lights a candle and sits at the altar to pray.
(b) She goes to Miss Uozumi's house.
(c) She collects cherry blossoms to place on her mother's coffin.
(d) She sits on the floor of her closet and cries.
2. What does Shizuko pack from her yard to move to the new house?
(a) The garden spade.
(c) The tea table.
3. What special object does Yuki carry with her to the wedding?
(a) A pearl from her mother's hair comb.
(b) A white bead purse that her mother made for her.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A candle.
4. In what year does Yuki's father get remarried?
5. What happens to the large earthenware bowl during the wedding ceremony of Hideki and his new bride?
(a) Aunt Aya throws it out the window and it lands in the harbor.
(b) Hideki drops it and it breaks.
(c) Yuki hides it in her closet after the ceremony.
(d) Yuki drops it and it breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yuki live the first year after Shizuko's death?
2. Where is the novel set in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Yuki apologize to Masa in Chapter 7?
4. Who rearranged furniture to prepare for the wake?
5. Why does Hideki think they should lie about the way her mother died?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)