|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Ã‚â€“ Sundays (September 1971).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why has Sachiko decided not to go out for cross-country?
(a) She is tutoring other students after school.
(b) She needs to help her mother with housework after school.
(c) She wants to take up horseback riding.
(d) She is playing the lead role in a school play and must rehearse daily.
2. Where does the wake take place?
(a) In Yuki's house.
(b) In the village funeral parlor.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In the park where Shizuko loved to catch cherry blossoms.
3. What happens to the large earthenware bowl during the wedding ceremony of Hideki and his new bride?
(a) Aunt Aya throws it out the window and it lands in the harbor.
(b) Hideki drops it and it breaks.
(c) Yuki hides it in her closet after the ceremony.
(d) Yuki drops it and it breaks.
4. Select the character below who says, "You won't even let me rest."
(c) Yuki's stepmother.
5. Why does Yuki apologize to Shizuko in Chapter 4?
(a) Yuki broke a boy's arm at school.
(b) Yuki broke the bowl.
(c) Yuki spoke impertinently.
(d) Yuki poured chemicals on the irises.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yuki runs in the track meet in Chapter 5, what does she think about?
2. What does Yuki wish that she had said to Sachiko and Mrs. Murai about the way her mother died?
3. Which character is introduced in Chapter 5?
4. Who writes Yuki a letter in Chapter 4?
5. Select the character below who says, "I don't care. I can take care of myself. I'm not afraid of anything."
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)