|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Irises (April 1970).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yuki apologize to Shizuko in Chapter 4?
(a) Yuki broke a boy's arm at school.
(b) Yuki broke the bowl.
(c) Yuki spoke impertinently.
(d) Yuki poured chemicals on the irises.
2. In what year does Yuki's father get remarried?
3. Why does her Aunt Aya ask Yuki to change her clothes before the wake?
(a) Aya thinks that Yuki's dress is too tight.
(b) Aya thinks that Shizuko would not have approved of Yuki's dress.
(c) Aya thinks that Yuki's dress is not dark enough.
(d) Aya thinks that Yuki's dress is too short.
4. Why does Yuki feel queasy on the day of the wedding?
(a) She is queasy from the sake.
(b) She is queasy from the smell of her mother's perfume.
(c) She is queasy from the train ride from Tokyo.
(d) She is queasy from the boat ride from Tokyo.
5. What does Hideki's bride wear to the wedding ceremony?
(a) A traditional kimono.
(b) A black evening gown.
(c) A Western-style dress.
(d) A gray jumper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What details are revealed about Shizuko's husband in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Yuki live the first year after Shizuko's death?
3. In Shizuko's dream at the beginning of Chapter 1, who is throwing rice cakes to a crowd?
4. Where is the novel set in Chapter 1?
5. According to Shizuko, why didn't Hideki cry at his mother's funeral?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)