|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Pink Trumpets (June 1971).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Shizuko write notes in Chapter 1?
(a) Hideki and her mother.
(b) Miss Uozumi and her mother.
(c) The village carpenter and Yuki.
(d) Hideki and Yuki.
2. What do Yuki and her Aunt Aya do together just before the wake?
(a) Take the train from Tokyo to Kobe.
(b) Clean the living room and drape the furniture in white sheets.
(c) Pack Shizuko's clothes and other belongings.
(d) Wash their hair in the kitchen sink.
3. In what year does Yuki's father get remarried?
4. How does Hideki behave toward Yuki following Shizuko's death?
(a) Hideki smothers Yuki with attention.
(b) Hideki hardly speaks to Yuki.
(c) Hideki shouts at Yuki every time he sees her.
(d) Hideki showers Yuki with gifts.
5. Select the character who said, "If something happened to you, I would still go on."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shizuko, what is the best kind of pottery?
2. What happens to the large earthenware bowl during the wedding ceremony of Hideki and his new bride?
3. Where is Yuki in Chapter 1?
4. According to Yuki, what does Hideki think about clothes and makeup?
5. Who arrives just as Yuki goes upstairs to change her clothes on the day of the wake?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)