|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Ã‚â€“ Grievances (May 1973).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the character below who says, "She has not taught you good manners, it seems."
2. What daily ritual does Hanae perform?
(a) She crashes the car into the mailbox.
(b) She cleans the house.
(c) She runs in the park.
(d) She does yoga on the porch.
3. How does it make Hanae feel when she receives compliments from others about Yuki?
(a) She is sick of not being able to contradict them.
(b) She is relieved that they are not complaining about the girl.
(c) She is as happy as if Yuki were her own child.
(d) She does not believe that they are being honest.
4. How does Yuki spend her lunch recess at school in Chapter 9?
(a) She sets a table and eats in her homemaking class.
(b) She catches up on homework.
(c) She eats in the cafeteria with her friends.
(d) She eats a packed lunch by herself.
5. According to Hanae, the attic is full of:
(a) Her off-season clothing.
(b) One thousand worthless things saved for Yuki.
(c) Cobwebs and mice.
(d) Evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hanae, what does Yuki do that most Japanese children are taught not to do?
2. In Chapter 4, which room in the house has not changed since Yuki's stepmother moved in?
3. What does Yuki think would have happened if she had told the truth about her mother's death to Sachiko and Mrs. Murai?
4. What do Yuki and her Aunt Aya do together just before the wake?
5. How has Yuki spent her summer Sundays?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)