|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Ã‚â€“ Grievances (May 1973).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sachiko decide she does not want to call the boy on the train?
(a) She would not call a boy she does not know.
(b) She thinks her mother would disapprove.
(c) She already has a boyfriend.
(d) She thinks he is dangerous.
2. In Chapter 4, which room in the house has not changed since Yuki's stepmother moved in?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Yuki's room.
(d) The living room.
3. Select the character below who says, "But you'll always beat me."
4. What does Yuki wish that she had said to Sachiko and Mrs. Murai about the way her mother died?
(a) That her mother died of a broken heart.
(b) That her mother died of cancer.
(c) That her mother died because she was unhappy.
(d) That her mother died after falling down the stairs.
5. What does Yuki do after changing her clothes on the day of the wake?
(a) She collects cherry blossoms to place on her mother's coffin.
(b) She sits on the floor of her closet and cries.
(c) She lights a candle and sits at the altar to pray.
(d) She goes to Miss Uozumi's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hanae's doctor mean when he tells her it is too late?
2. Select the character below who says, "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble from now on."
3. What reason does Yuki give her teacher for not wanting to dissect a frog?
4. What does Shizuko's mother say the morning of the wake?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Yuki remove from the refrigerator?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)