|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Ã‚â€“ Grievances (May 1973).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hanae decide to keep the persimmon teapot in the kitchen?
(a) She does not want to add to the collection of things in the attic to be saved for Yuki.
(b) She thinks it makes the best cup of tea.
(c) She thinks it is the most beautiful work of artistry she has ever seen.
(d) She knows it holds sentimental value for Hideki.
2. In Chapter 6, why has Sachiko decided not to go out for cross-country?
(a) She needs to help her mother with housework after school.
(b) She is tutoring other students after school.
(c) She is playing the lead role in a school play and must rehearse daily.
(d) She wants to take up horseback riding.
3. Select the character below who says, "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble from now on."
4. Where does the wake take place?
(a) In the village funeral parlor.
(b) In the park where Shizuko loved to catch cherry blossoms.
(c) In Yuki's house.
(d) In Tokyo.
5. How does Yuki spend her lunch recess at school in Chapter 9?
(a) She eats a packed lunch by herself.
(b) She sets a table and eats in her homemaking class.
(c) She eats in the cafeteria with her friends.
(d) She catches up on homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Yuki give her teacher for not wanting to dissect a frog?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what is Yuki's reaction to what she has done with the dead frogs?
3. How do some of Yuki's friends in homemaking class fix their poor sewing?
4. What does Yuki think would have happened if she had told the truth about her mother's death to Sachiko and Mrs. Murai?
5. How has Yuki spent her summer Sundays?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)