|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 Ã‚â€“ Grievances (May 1973).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shizuko pack from her yard to move to the new house?
(c) The garden spade.
(d) The tea table.
2. While Yuki runs with Sachiko, she remembers an argument with her mother. How did that argument end?
(a) Shizuko laughed, and Yuki did, too.
(b) Yuki slapped Shizuko.
(c) Hideki demanded that they apologize and move on.
(d) Shizuko slapped Yuki.
3. What reason does Yuki give her teacher for not wanting to dissect a frog?
(a) Frogs are innocent creatures.
(b) She is afraid to cut the frog open and find out what is inside of it.
(c) It is not right to take things apart when one already knows what is inside of them.
(d) She is squeamish and will become sick.
4. How has Yuki spent her summer Sundays?
(a) Watching movies.
(b) Running with Sachiko.
(c) Competing in chess championships.
(d) Shopping with her stepmother.
5. Select the character below who says, "I don't pretend. I hate you."
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hanae blame Hideki?
2. Select the character below who says, "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble from now on."
3. Why does Miss Sakaki send someone to collect leaves outside?
4. What does Yuki wish that she had said to Sachiko and Mrs. Murai about the way her mother died?
5. What do Yuki and her Aunt Aya do together just before the wake?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)