|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Ã‚â€“ The Golden Carp (August 1974).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shizuko say about her clothes as she packs them to prepare for a move?
(a) Some clothes are too trendy for her now.
(b) Some clothes are too tight for her now.
(c) Some clothes are too drab for her now.
(d) Some clothes are too bright for her now.
2. How does Yuki feel about public speaking?
(a) It makes her angry because no one listens.
(b) It never makes her nervous.
(c) It never makes her happy.
(d) It makes her feel queasy.
3. How does it make Hanae feel when she receives compliments from others about Yuki?
(a) She is sick of not being able to contradict them.
(b) She is as happy as if Yuki were her own child.
(c) She does not believe that they are being honest.
(d) She is relieved that they are not complaining about the girl.
4. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Yuki believe she is leaving behind as she moves to Nagasaki?
(a) Empty spaces.
(b) Memories of Shizuko.
(c) The garden Shizuko loved.
(d) The only place Yuki calls home.
5. What does Shizuko pack from her yard to move to the new house?
(b) The tea table.
(c) The garden spade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does Yuki use the time given to her for a speech about Monet's painting?
2. What daily ritual does Hanae perform?
3. According to Yuki in Chapter 12, what will Hanae do with the things Yuki leaves behind?
4. Select the character who said, "If something happened to you, I would still go on."
5. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does Yuki wait until midnight to sneak into the attic?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)