|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Ã‚â€“ The Golden Carp (August 1974).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hanae's doctor mean when he tells her it is too late?
(a) She will die soon of cancer; there is no point in pursuing treatment.
(b) She can no longer have children; she waited too long to see him.
(c) She will never see again due to her extended exposure to cleaning chemicals.
(d) She will never again look like a teenager.
2. How does it make Hanae feel when she receives compliments from others about Yuki?
(a) She does not believe that they are being honest.
(b) She is relieved that they are not complaining about the girl.
(c) She is sick of not being able to contradict them.
(d) She is as happy as if Yuki were her own child.
3. According to Yuki in Chapter 12, what will Hanae do with the things Yuki leaves behind?
(a) Sell them to a pawn shop.
(b) Keep them clean, as if Yuki is not gone.
(c) Throw them away.
(d) Pack them in boxes to store in the attic.
4. According to Hanae, the attic is full of:
(a) Cobwebs and mice.
(b) Her off-season clothing.
(c) Evil spirits.
(d) One thousand worthless things saved for Yuki.
5. What daily ritual does Hanae perform?
(a) She does yoga on the porch.
(b) She cleans the house.
(c) She runs in the park.
(d) She crashes the car into the mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the character below who says, "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble from now on."
2. Why does Yuki repack all of the boxes in the attic and leave them behind?
3. According to Shizuko, why didn't Hideki cry at his mother's funeral?
4. Select the character below who says, "I don't care. I can take care of myself. I'm not afraid of anything."
5. How does Yuki feel about public speaking?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)