|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Ã‚â€“ The Golden Carp (August 1974).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hanae, the attic is full of:
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Cobwebs and mice.
(c) Her off-season clothing.
(d) One thousand worthless things saved for Yuki.
2. What does Shizuko pack from her yard to move to the new house?
(b) The garden spade.
(d) The tea table.
3. How much longer does Yuki have until she leaves for Nagasaki?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
4. In Chapter 12, what is the first item of clothing that Yuki takes out of the boxes?
(a) Shizuko's dark purple kimono.
(b) Shizuko's favorite green dress.
(c) A skirt that Shizuko made for Yuki.
(d) A pair of knitted mittens.
5. For what does Hanae blame Hideki?
(a) He never taught her to drive properly.
(b) He allowed her to become a barren woman.
(c) He forced her to keep that old teapot.
(d) He kept a messy home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shizuko, what is the best kind of pottery?
2. What does Hanae's doctor mean when he tells her it is too late?
3. As Yuki lies down to bed, what is she trying to imagine?
4. How long is the speech on Monet's painting that Yuki recalls giving during Chapter 12?
5. According to Hanae, whenever she goes into the attic, she thinks of:
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)