|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Ã‚â€“ The Golden Carp (August 1974).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what is the first item of clothing that Yuki takes out of the boxes?
(a) Shizuko's favorite green dress.
(b) A pair of knitted mittens.
(c) Shizuko's dark purple kimono.
(d) A skirt that Shizuko made for Yuki.
2. In Chapter 4, which room in the house has not changed since Yuki's stepmother moved in?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) Yuki's room.
(d) The dining room.
3. According to Shizuko, what is the best kind of pottery?
(a) The kind that you could use every day.
(b) The kind covered in flowers.
(c) The kind sold at department stores.
(d) The kind that you get in China.
4. What daily ritual does Hanae perform?
(a) She runs in the park.
(b) She does yoga on the porch.
(c) She cleans the house.
(d) She crashes the car into the mailbox.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does Yuki wait until midnight to sneak into the attic?
(a) The attic is too hot during the day to enter.
(b) The attic door is always locked and she must steal the key.
(c) She is ashamed of her actions.
(d) She wants to wait until her father and stepmother are asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Yuki believe she is leaving behind as she moves to Nagasaki?
2. What does Shizuko say about her clothes as she packs them to prepare for a move?
3. According to Hanae, the attic is full of:
4. Who writes Yuki a letter in Chapter 4?
5. Why did Shizuko keep all of Yuki's childhood items stored in boxes?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)