|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what type of company is Herr William Freytag associated?
(a) Import/Export company
(b) Mexican oil company
2. Where are the Spanish people headed?
3. The novel explores the personal dynamics among _____________.
(b) College roommates
4. The book is what type of literature?
5. What is a group of people waiting to do?
(a) Board a plane
(b) Watch a bullfight
(c) See a concert
(d) Board a ship
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Mexico at the time?
2. Who are the two Mexican Catholic priests traveling to Spain?
3. What is the profession of Herr Siegfried Rieber?
4. With whom is Herr Wilibald Graf traveling?
5. What is Herr Wilibald Graf's role?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Herr Hansen and Herr Rieber.
2. Describe the impression that La Condesa makes on the ship's passengers.
3. What shared experiences do the passengers have?
4. What change has been made in the dining room and why does it upset the Captain?
5. What is the surprising reaction of Ric and Rac's theft of La Condesa's pearl necklace?
6. What unpleasant task does Dr. Schumann have to do now that the ship is in port?
7. What does Dr. Schumann think as he watches the people board?
8. What does Freytag tell Mrs. Treadwell about his wife?
9. Why is Herr KarlGlocken returning to Germany?
10. What argument between Johann and his uncle makes Johann late for the fiesta?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)