|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The local people view the travelers with ____________________.
2. David Scott and Jenny Brown are _______________.
(c) Brother and sister
3. What is Herr Wilibald Graf's role?
(a) Law enforcement
(b) Religious zealot
4. With whom is Herr Wilibald Graf traveling?
(a) His wife, Kara
(b) His partner, Klaus
(c) His brother, James
(d) His nephew, Johann
5. What is the name of the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Spanish people headed?
2. The novel addresses prejudice and _____________.
3. What are the names of the six-year-old twins on board the ship?
4. What is the profession of Herr Siegfried Rieber?
5. Why is Herr William Freytag returning to Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dr. Schumann's health condition revealed?
2. How does Frau Rittersdorf spend her time on deck?
3. What final attempt does Dr. Schumann make to communicate with La Condesa?
4. Who are the Americans on board the ship?
5. In what capacity does Amparo see Arne Hansen?
6. Why has the time ashore made Frau Rittersdorf particularly melancholy?
7. Explain the author's basis for the novel.
8. Describe the burgeoning relationship between Dr. Schumann and La Condesa.
9. What is the destination of La Condesa?
10. What is the last stop of the voyage and who exits the ship?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)