|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Herr Hutten's role in Mexico?
(a) Head of a German school
(b) German diplomat
(c) Border guard
(d) Airline pilot
2. With what type of company is Herr William Freytag associated?
(a) Mexican oil company
(b) Import/Export company
3. Who is the ship's doctor?
(a) Dr. Schmidt
(b) Dr. Schweitzer
(c) Dr. Schumann
(d) Dr. Saylor
4. To what group do the characters belong?
(a) Sports team
(b) College class
(c) Religious congregation
5. How many passengers are from Switzerland?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Huttens are both very ________________.
2. What do the passengers have to obtain from the official offices?
3. What is a group of people waiting to do?
4. What is the nationality of the passengers?
5. Who are the two Mexican Catholic priests traveling to Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author begin the novel?
2. Explain the author's basis for the novel.
3. Who are the Huttens?
4. Why has the time ashore made Frau Rittersdorf particularly melancholy?
5. Describe the burgeoning relationship between Dr. Schumann and La Condesa.
6. How does Frau Rittersdorf spend her time on deck?
7. How does the Captain endure the fiesta in his honor?
8. What is the significance of the book's title?
9. Which group of people is getting off the ship at this point?
10. What is the surprising reaction of Ric and Rac's theft of La Condesa's pearl necklace?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)