|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color shirt does the political agitator wear?
2. How many Cuban college students board the ship in Havana?
3. The novel addresses prejudice and _____________.
4. What is the name of the Baumgartners' eight-year-old son?
5. How many Spanish people are waiting to board the Vera at his dock?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers are from Switzerland?
2. What is the profession of Herr Siegfried Rieber?
3. In what Mexican city does the novel begin?
4. For what German city is the ship bound?
5. Who is La Condesa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the ship dock as this chapter begins?
2. What does Dr. Schumann realize after having a conversation with Herr Graf?
3. Describe the confrontation between Herr Hansen and Herr Rieber.
4. How do the local people view the departing travelers?
5. Which passengers debark when the ship docks at Vigo?
6. What is the mood of the departing travelers?
7. Why is Dr. Schumann summoned to La Condesa's cabin?
8. What are the Huttens feeling toward the group of Spanish dancers?
9. Who are the members of the Spanish dance troupe?
10. What change has been made in the dining room and why does it upset the Captain?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)