|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dancers selling?
(d) Raffle tickets
2. What does Dr. Schumann do after dinner?
(a) Takes a stroll around the deck
(b) Reads a magazine
(c) Smokes a cigar
(d) Takes a nap
3. Who is the Swedish girl who shares a cabin with Jenny?
4. Ric and Rac are the twin sons of which Spanish dancer?
5. Who approaches Jenny to ask questions about her relationship with David?
(a) Dr. Schumann
(b) Frau Rittersdorf
(c) Wilhelm Freytag
(d) Frau Hutten
6. What does Jenny do while sitting on deck?
(a) Sketches portraits
(b) Drinks wine
(c) Plays a guitar
(d) Reads a book
7. Why is Elsa in an especially foul mood tonight?
(a) She spilled tomato sauce on her dress at dinner
(b) A Cuban student she likes is dancing with a Spanish dancer
(c) Her shoes are too tight
(d) She does not like her new hair style
8. Where is La Condesa to be exiled?
9. What item belonging to Frau Rittersdorf have Ric and Rac thrown overboard?
(c) Deck chair
10. Mrs. Treadwell is celebrating which birthday today?
11. What does La Condesa do with the items sent to her room by Captain Thiele?
(a) Throws them overboard
(b) Rips them up
(c) Breaks them
(d) Feeds them to the Cuban students
12. Who is behind the change in Freytag's dinner seating?
(a) Mrs. Treadwell
(b) Dr. Schumann
(c) La Condesa
(d) Captain Thiele
13. Which one of the passengers inappropriately fondles Elsa?
(b) Herr Graf
(c) Dr. Schumann
14. What do Ric and Rac throw overboard tonight?
(b) A lifeboat
(c) The captain's hat
(d) Shuffleboard equipment
15. Why does Herr Hutten chastise his wife?
(a) For wearing a provocative dress
(b) For speaking her mind at dinner
(c) For spending too much money
(d) For using profanity
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Thiele send to La Condesa's room?
2. Who tells Frau Rittersdorf about an impromptu event?
3. What has Frau Lutz been advising her daughter, Elsa, on?
4. Why did David and Jenny fight the day before?
5. What does Dr. Schumann rescue from one of Ric and Rac's pranks?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)