|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only Jewish passenger on board the ship?
(a) Herr Schultz
(b) Herr Goldstein
(c) Herr Lieberman
(d) Herr Lowenthal
2. At dinner, the topic of conversation turns to ___________________.
(a) Colombian coffee
(c) Good and evil
3. What happens each night on deck?
(a) A play
(b) A movie
(c) A midnight buffet
(d) A dance
4. Who is Ric and Rac's father?
5. What does Dr. Schumann rescue from one of Ric and Rac's pranks?
(a) A deck chair
(b) A case of champagne
(c) A cat
(d) A Bible
6. What happens after Freytag's admission at dinner?
(a) A bomb goes off in his room
(b) He is strangled in his sleep
(c) His passport is confiscated
(d) His dinner seating has been changed for the rest of the voyage
7. In what does Herr Glocken carry his medicine?
(b) Medicine bag
(c) Overnight bag
(d) Tin box
8. Jenny prefers to see France while David wants to go to ______________.
9. Why is Wilhelm Freytag anxious to get his wife and mother-in-law out of Germany?
(a) He misses them too much
(b) He has heard about political upheaval
(c) He cannot afford two residences
(d) He wants to live in Mexico permanently
10. Who is Mrs. Treadwell's roommate?
(a) La Condesa
(d) Frau Lutz
11. Who is the Swedish girl who shares a cabin with Jenny?
12. What is the impromptu event in honor of Captain Thiele?
(c) Dinner dance
13. What does Freytag admit at dinner?
(a) He is Catholic
(b) He is Jewish
(c) His wife is Buddhist
(d) His wife is Jewish
14. What does Jenny do while sitting on deck?
(a) Reads a book
(b) Drinks wine
(c) Plays a guitar
(d) Sketches portraits
15. Why has Dr. Schumann been instructed to do regarding La Condesa?
(a) Keep her heart medication ready
(b) Keep her in a subdued mood
(c) Keep her mood-altering drugs locked up
(d) Keep her heavily sedated
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is behind the change in Freytag's dinner seating?
2. Who is Amparo's boyfriend?
3. What item belonging to Frau Rittersdorf have Ric and Rac thrown overboard?
4. How does Mrs. Treadwell pass the time in her room?
5. A dinner to honor the captain is traditionally held __________ nights before the end of the trip?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)