|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city is Mrs. Treadwell going?
2. What has Herr Graf been able to do for people in the past?
(a) Use healing powers to restore critically ill people
(b) Teach them to tango
(c) Tailor beautiful suits
(d) Save them money on their taxes
3. What do Ric and Rac throw overboard tonight?
(b) The captain's hat
(c) Shuffleboard equipment
(d) A lifeboat
4. Who is behind the change in Freytag's dinner seating?
(a) Captain Thiele
(b) Mrs. Treadwell
(c) Dr. Schumann
(d) La Condesa
5. Why does Herr Hutten chastise his wife?
(a) For wearing a provocative dress
(b) For spending too much money
(c) For speaking her mind at dinner
(d) For using profanity
6. What does La Condesa do with the items sent to her room by Captain Thiele?
(a) Throws them overboard
(b) Rips them up
(c) Feeds them to the Cuban students
(d) Breaks them
7. At dinner, the topic of conversation turns to ___________________.
(b) Good and evil
(d) Colombian coffee
8. What happens each night on deck?
(a) A movie
(b) A dance
(c) A play
(d) A midnight buffet
9. What is Frau Rittersdorf doing on the deck?
(c) Writing in her journal
(d) Writing letters
10. What does Captain Thiele send to La Condesa's room?
(a) Movie magazines
(b) Hors d'oeuvres
(c) Two bottles of champagne
(d) Extra blankets
11. What does Jenny do while sitting on deck?
(a) Sketches portraits
(b) Drinks wine
(c) Reads a book
(d) Plays a guitar
12. What does Arne Hansen find out about Amparo?
(a) She is a prostitute
(b) She is a teacher
(c) She is a nun
(d) She is a lawer
13. Which one of the passengers inappropriately fondles Elsa?
(b) Herr Graf
(d) Dr. Schumann
14. Why is Johann irritated?
(a) The bar is out of his brand of vodka
(b) He spends all his time with his ailing uncle
(c) He cannot find his passport
(d) He is seasick
15. What are the dancers selling?
(a) Raffle tickets
Short Answer Questions
1. What health condition does Dr. Schumann struggle with?
2. Who tells Frau Rittersdorf about an impromptu event?
3. Where is La Condesa to be exiled?
4. Why is Wilhelm Freytag anxious to get his wife and mother-in-law out of Germany?
5. Why did David and Jenny fight the day before?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)