|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herr Wilibald Graf's role?
(b) Law enforcement
(c) Religious zealot
2. What is the name of the Huttens' bulldog?
3. How many Americans are on board the ship?
4. The Spanish passengers consist of an eight-person ______________________.
(a) Ballet company
(b) Jazz band
(c) Theater troupe
(d) Zarzuela dance troupe
5. Who is La Condesa?
(a) A Mexican princess
(b) The wife of an ambassador
(c) An actress
(d) A political exile
6. Where does the action take place?
(a) A townhouse
(b) A ship
(c) A church
(d) A university
7. What is the feeling of most of the passengers regarding Mexico?
(a) Happy to be leaving
(b) It's too poor
(c) It's too hot
(d) Sad to be leaving
8. What is the nationality of the passengers?
9. What was the nature of Herr Heinrich Lutz business in Mexico?
(a) Hotel ownership
(c) Automobile dealership
(d) Restaurant owner
10. How many Spanish people are waiting to board the Vera at his dock?
11. What color shirt does the political agitator wear?
12. What is the name of the ship?
13. To what group do the characters belong?
(a) College class
(c) Religious congregation
(d) Sports team
14. How many passengers are from Switzerland?
15. In what month of the year does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ship's doctor?
2. What is the profession of Herr Siegfried Rieber?
3. What do the passengers have to obtain from the official offices?
4. The novel addresses prejudice and _____________.
5. On whose life was an attempt made recently?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)