|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month of the year does the story take place?
2. The Spanish passengers consist of an eight-person ______________________.
(a) Ballet company
(b) Zarzuela dance troupe
(c) Theater troupe
(d) Jazz band
3. Which of the following is not heightened during the trip?
(c) Frequent Flyer Miles
4. What is the profession of Herr Karl Baumgartner?
(a) Tennis pro
5. How many passengers are from Switzerland?
6. Why do some of the ship's passengers want to talk to the captain about these Spanish people?
(a) The people eat weird food
(b) The people make too much noise
(c) They are worried about dirt and disease
(d) They want to give them clothes
7. On whose life was an attempt made recently?
(a) U.S. President
(b) President of France
(c) British Prime Minister
(d) Swedish Consul
8. In what year does the story take place?
9. What does Herr Julius Lowenthal sell?
(b) Religious artifacts
10. What is the state of the health of Herr Wilibald Graf?
(a) Some minor problems
(d) Heart disease
11. What is the name of the ship?
12. Where are the characters going?
13. David Scott and Jenny Brown are _______________.
(a) Brother and sister
14. In what Mexican city does the novel begin?
(a) San Diego
(c) Mexico City
15. Where are the Spanish people headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Herr Wilibald Graf traveling?
2. What is the profession of Herr Siegfried Rieber?
3. With what type of company is Herr William Freytag associated?
4. The book is what type of literature?
5. What is the distinguishing physical characteristic of Herr Karl Glocken?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)