|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coast does Hornblower sail along after passing the rendezvous point in Chapter 13?
2. Once the French-occupied strongpoint can be seen, what does Hornblower decide to do?
(a) Wait to progress.
(b) March straight into it.
(c) Divide into two groups to surround it.
(d) Shoot from a distance.
3. How does Leighton feel about Hornblower's actions against the Italian army?
(a) He is concerned.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is proud.
4. Why can the Sutherland get very close to the marching Italian army in Chapter 14?
(a) A canal follows the road the army is on.
(b) The Sutherland can't get close to the army.
(c) The ship is small enough to fit close.
(d) They are hidden by the land.
5. After seeing the larger coaster, how many volunteers does Hornblower decide to call on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the terrain like behind the road the Italian army is marching on in Chapter 14?
2. What is unique about the French coast?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Leighton decide to enter into a joint operation with?
4. What does Hornblower decide to attack instead of the French shore?
5. How do Hornblower and his volunteers reach the French coaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. After attacking the French battery, what does Hornblower think of his crew?
2. Who is Villena?
3. Why does Hornblower's crew delay shooting the baggage animals in Chapter 14?
4. Why is Hornblower able to take over the French coaster so easily?
5. What does Colonel Juan Claros bring with him to help the English?
6. Why is Hornblower concerned about teaming up with the Spanish?
7. In Chapter 11, what are Hornblower's plans for the attack of the French?
8. What happens when the French leave their strongpoint in Chapter 18?
9. In Chapter 15, how does Hornblower assess the ships in his squadron?
10. How does Hornblower lead the attack on the Italian army?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)