|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower describe the initial attacks on the French battery?
(d) Too slow.
2. How many men from the Indiamen ships become part of the Sutherland's crew?
3. Why does Hornblower denounce his crew after the French lugger attack?
(a) Because the crew moved too slowly.
(b) Because the French ships were puny.
(c) Because the crew shouldn't gloat.
(d) Because the French will come back.
4. What does Hornblower tell the crew on the French coaster to do when he takes it over?
(a) Show them how to get to the capital.
(b) Hand over their valuables.
(c) Get in boats and row to shore.
(d) Jump in the water and swim.
5. How many guns are on the French three-decker in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower feel about the green crew's first attempt to handle the Sutherland?
2. What makes the Spanish shore difficult to navigate in Chapter 16?
3. What is unique about the French coast?
4. How does Hornblower describe the lower decks of the Sutherland?
5. What does Hornblower have made after the French brig is captured?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)