|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bolton call "Sir Mucho Pomposo"?
2. What does the first ship do that Hornblower attacks at the end of the attack in Chapter 20?
(a) Bring out more cannons.
(b) Retreat for shelter.
(c) Empty its crew into the water.
(d) Ram into the side of the Sutherland.
3. What does Claros tell Hornblower about the lack of help from the Spanish in Chapter 18?
(a) The weather was too bad.
(b) No messengers were sent to them.
(c) The English told them to stay back.
(d) They changed their minds.
4. Why do criminals join the Royal Navy?
(a) To repent for their crimes.
(b) To run from the police.
(c) To avoid going to prison.
(d) To explain the criminal mind to others.
5. How does Hornblower feel about the green crew's first attempt to handle the Sutherland?
(a) He is at ease.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower have Major Laird lead in Chapter 18?
2. What does Leighton signal to the Sutherland during its attempt to rescue the Pluto?
3. What is the terrain like behind the road the Italian army is marching on in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Hornblower think Barbara may have married Leighton?
5. How do the military men aboard the Sutherland feel about the Indiamen's crew's work ethic?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)