|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower describe the Sutherland?
2. What signal does the French brig raise on its flags?
3. What does the first ship do that Hornblower attacks at the end of the attack in Chapter 20?
(a) Empty its crew into the water.
(b) Ram into the side of the Sutherland.
(c) Retreat for shelter.
(d) Bring out more cannons.
4. Why does Hornblower think Barbara may have married Leighton?
5. What does Hornblower order that successfully guides the Pluto to safety?
(a) A tack-in-succession.
(b) A slow-and-steady.
(c) A wed-in-water.
(d) A move-and-go.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Hornblower describe the way he readied the Sutherland?
2. What is unique about the French coast?
3. Why can the Sutherland get very close to the marching Italian army in Chapter 14?
4. Through which ship does Leighton give Hornblower his last set of orders?
5. How many men does Hornblower take with him for the attack on Port Vendres, France?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)