|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is weather like as the Sutherland escorts the Indiamen?
2. What would the French squadron pose the biggest threat to if they make it to open sea in Chapters 19 and 20?
(a) Shipping boats.
(b) Military boats.
(c) Marine animals.
(d) Cruise boats.
3. In Chapter 5, how does Hornblower describe the way he readied the Sutherland?
(a) He feels proud.
(b) He is worried what others will think.
(c) He thinks he did well enough.
(d) He criticizes himself.
4. What is Hornblower's main concern about working on the Sutherland?
(a) Brining enough food.
(b) Leaving his wife.
(c) Making enough money.
(d) Having enough crew.
5. How does Hornblower show his pleasure with the crew after the lugger attack?
(a) He gives out awards.
(b) He learns some of their names.
(c) He gives them raises.
(d) He tells them he is pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leighton want Hornblower to lead his forces in Chapter 17?
2. Where does Hornblower hang the French tri-colored flag at the end of Chapter 20?
3. How many quarterdeck cannonades does Hornblower use against the Italian army?
4. What bothers Hornblower the most about leaving Maria to work on the Sutherland?
5. How does Hornblower feel as he nears the place where he will drop off the Indiamen?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)