|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who says: "Twarn't Horny's fault"?
2. In Chapter 18, who does Hornblower retreat with?
3. How far is Port Vendres, France from the Spanish fortress?
(a) About 10 miles.
(b) About 15 miles.
(c) About 5 miles.
(d) About 20 miles.
4. How does Hornblower pay for his personal provisions to be used while on the Sutherland?
(a) He sells a medal.
(b) He uses all of his savings.
(c) He pawns a sword.
(d) He takes out a loan.
5. On the Sutherland, what do the new hands do before going below the decks?
(a) Show their paperwork.
(b) Get knighted.
(d) Say a prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Hornblower and Maria get home after their dinner at the Leightons'?
2. What does Hornblower do while sailing along the Spanish coast?
3. How does Hornblower describe the lower decks of the Sutherland?
4. How many guns are on the Sutherland?
5. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Hornblower say the French will have to do?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)