|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much larger is the Pluto compared to the Sutherland?
(a) It is three times as large.
(b) It is twice as large.
(c) It is only slightly larger.
(d) It is the same size.
2. Out of all the topics Maria discussed with Barbara at dinner, which does Hornblower find annoying?
(a) The war.
(b) Maria's pregnancy.
(c) Hornblower's career.
(d) Barbara's marriage.
3. How many men from the Indiamen ships become part of the Sutherland's crew?
4. In Chapter 11, how many prizes does Hornblower capture in a 24-hour period?
5. How do Hornblower and Maria get home after their dinner at the Leightons'?
(a) They ride horses.
(b) They take a taxi.
(c) They walk.
(d) Leighton lets them borrow a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the two French luggers appear?
2. In Chapter 18, who says: "Twarn't Horny's fault"?
3. What does Hornblower tell his officers during dinner in Chapter 11?
4. What does Hornblower capture the night after the attack on the French battery?
5. Who built the Sutherland?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)