|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower think about as he tries to fall asleep after dinner with the Leightons?
(b) Running away.
(d) Preparing his ship.
2. How does Hornblower show his pleasure with the crew after the lugger attack?
(a) He gives out awards.
(b) He learns some of their names.
(c) He tells them he is pleased.
(d) He gives them raises.
3. What does Hornblower capture the night after the attack on the French battery?
(a) A French leader.
(b) A set of French ships.
(c) A guard rowboat.
(d) A new wife.
4. Why does Hornblower point the Sutherland southwest in Chapter 13?
(a) To meet up with the rest of his crew.
(b) To take another French shoreline.
(c) To visit Spain again.
(d) To honor his lost crew.
5. In Chapter 10, when do the Spanish realize they have been tricked?
(a) When the Sutherland is still out in open sea.
(b) When the Sutherland pulls into port.
(c) When the Sutherland's men are on their shore.
(d) When the Sutherland leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hornblower think Barbara may have married Leighton?
2. What does Hornblower discuss with Bolton during their first dinner together?
3. What does Hornblower decide to attack instead of the French shore?
4. Why does Hornblower feel that the Pluto isn't reliable?
5. What does Hornblower take when he captures the French brig?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)