|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hornblower give for turning down the dinner invitation after dropping off the Indiamen convoy?
(a) He already ate.
(b) He isn't allowed to dine there.
(c) He must immediately depart.
(d) The weather is going to get bad.
2. What does Claros tell Hornblower about the lack of help from the Spanish in Chapter 18?
(a) No messengers were sent to them.
(b) The English told them to stay back.
(c) They changed their minds.
(d) The weather was too bad.
3. Why does Leighton want Hornblower to lead his forces in Chapter 17?
(a) Because he speaks Spanish.
(b) Because of his previous successes.
(c) Because he owes him.
(d) Because no one else wants to.
4. How does the Sutherland crew respond after the French lugger attack?
(a) They cry.
(b) They cheer.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They yell at each other.
5. How does the green crew handle the Sutherland when it first leaves port?
(a) They move slowly.
(b) They forget it's their turn to steer.
(c) They go too quickly.
(d) They move moderately ahead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower tell the crew on the French coaster to do when he takes it over?
2. How far is Port Vendres, France from the Spanish fortress?
3. How does Hornblower describe his transition from land to sea in Chapter 5?
4. How does Maria describe Barbara after their dinner together?
5. Who built the Sutherland?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)