|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower feel toward his wife, Maria?
(c) In love.
2. What weapon does Hornblower use against the French sailors in Chapter 11?
(a) A gun.
(b) A cannon.
(c) A sword.
(d) His bare hands.
3. What does Hornblower tell the crew on the French coaster to do when he takes it over?
(a) Hand over their valuables.
(b) Get in boats and row to shore.
(c) Show them how to get to the capital.
(d) Jump in the water and swim.
4. What coast does Hornblower sail along after passing the rendezvous point in Chapter 13?
5. Why is the Sutherland able to escape the French luggers?
(a) The French get lost.
(b) The French ships are damaged.
(c) The French are too slow.
(d) The French agree to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Leighton decide to enter into a joint operation with?
2. How does Hornblower feel when the Sutherland finally leaves port?
3. What is weather like as the Sutherland escorts the Indiamen?
4. How does Hornblower feel about the green crew's first attempt to handle the Sutherland?
5. How does Maria describe Barbara after their dinner together?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)