|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Port Vendres, France from the Spanish fortress?
(a) About 15 miles.
(b) About 10 miles.
(c) About 5 miles.
(d) About 20 miles.
2. Who asks Hornblower to work on the Sutherland?
(d) The King.
3. What weapon does Hornblower use against the French sailors in Chapter 11?
(a) A gun.
(b) A cannon.
(c) His bare hands.
(d) A sword.
4. When the Sutherland sets out to sea, what other ships accompany it?
(a) Merchant ships.
(b) Battle ships.
(d) Fishing boats.
5. Why does the French brig not immediately try to escape the Sutherland?
(a) They think it's a French ship.
(b) They don't realize they are being chased.
(c) They know the Sutherland is too fast.
(d) They know Hornblower will win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the attack on the Spanish in Chapter 10?
2. What does Hornblower do while sailing along the Spanish coast?
3. Why does Sutherland post fliers in Chapter 1?
4. How does Hornblower describe the initial attacks on the French battery?
5. What is Hornblower offered for his services, escorting the Indiamen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)