|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank does Villena have?
2. What has the Sutherland done to the other ships in her squadron the day they set for the sea?
(a) She kept them on track.
(b) She held up their progress.
(c) She got them lost.
(d) She bumped into a few of them.
3. How does the green crew handle the Sutherland when it first leaves port?
(a) They go too quickly.
(b) They move slowly.
(c) They forget it's their turn to steer.
(d) They move moderately ahead.
4. Why does Villena say his horse died?
(a) He wasn't there to feed it.
(b) He rode it until it died.
(c) It caught a disease.
(d) It was old.
5. How is Hornblower able to sail so close to the Spanish and French shore in Chapter 10?
(a) He pays off the right people.
(b) He does it when no one is looking.
(c) His ship is too large to stop.
(d) He raises a French flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is weather like as the Sutherland escorts the Indiamen?
2. How many of the Indianmen crew volunteer to join the Sutherland?
3. What does Hornblower decide to attack instead of the French shore?
4. What part of the lugger is damaged when they surround the Sutherland?
5. What does Hornblower tell his officers during dinner in Chapter 11?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)