|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower have made after the French brig is captured?
(a) A dinner.
(b) A flag.
(c) A medal.
(d) A jacket.
2. How many men total does Hornblower desire on his ship in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 6, why is Hornblower in a foul mood?
(a) Because a merchant ship hit the Sutherland.
(b) Because he hates the merchant ships.
(c) Because the crew is seasick.
(d) Because he is seasick.
4. How many men from the Indiamen ships become part of the Sutherland's crew?
5. What bothers Hornblower the most about leaving Maria to work on the Sutherland?
(a) She doesn't have much money.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She might find out about him and Barbara.
(d) She gets bored easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Hornblower describe the way he readied the Sutherland?
2. After setting out to sea, what happens to several of the new crew members on the Sutherland?
3. What has the Sutherland done to the other ships in her squadron the day they set for the sea?
4. Who else eats with Hornblower at the Leightons?
5. How do the French luggers attack the Sutherland?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)