|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Sutherland able to escape the French luggers?
(a) The French agree to help them.
(b) The French get lost.
(c) The French are too slow.
(d) The French ships are damaged.
2. How does Hornblower pay for his personal provisions to be used while on the Sutherland?
(a) He sells a medal.
(b) He pawns a sword.
(c) He uses all of his savings.
(d) He takes out a loan.
3. Before the Sutherland takes to the sea, what does Hornblower tell Bush to do?
(a) Say goodbye to his family.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Work harder.
4. In Chapter 10, when do the Spanish realize they have been tricked?
(a) When the Sutherland is still out in open sea.
(b) When the Sutherland pulls into port.
(c) When the Sutherland's men are on their shore.
(d) When the Sutherland leaves.
5. How does the Sutherland crew respond after the French lugger attack?
(a) They yell at each other.
(b) They cheer.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower's concern about the stores on the Sutherland?
2. Why do criminals join the Royal Navy?
3. How does Hornblower describe his transition from land to sea in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Leighton toast Hornblower during their dinner together?
5. What does Hornblower want to control aboard the Sutherland?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)