|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower most appreciate about the Sutherland?
(a) Its large stern-galley.
(b) Its crew.
(c) Its length.
(d) Its history.
2. How does the green crew handle the Sutherland when it first leaves port?
(a) They go too quickly.
(b) They move moderately ahead.
(c) They move slowly.
(d) They forget it's their turn to steer.
3. Who asks Hornblower to work on the Sutherland?
(b) The King.
4. Who else eats with Hornblower at the Leightons?
(a) The Bushes.
(b) The Boltons.
(c) No one else.
(d) The Admirals.
5. What has the Sutherland done to the other ships in her squadron the day they set for the sea?
(a) She held up their progress.
(b) She bumped into a few of them.
(c) She kept them on track.
(d) She got them lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What successful cruise does Captain Horatio Hornblower come off of at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How does Hornblower feel about the green crew's first attempt to handle the Sutherland?
3. What angers Hornblower in Chapter 5 about the Sutherland?
4. Who stays on the lower decks of the Sutherland?
5. Before the Sutherland takes to the sea, what does Hornblower tell Bush to do?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)