|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is weather like as the Sutherland escorts the Indiamen?
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Hornblower say the French will have to do?
(a) Protect their coast.
(b) Build a new boat.
(d) Take out a loan.
3. How does Hornblower describe his transition from land to sea in Chapter 5?
(a) It was easy.
(b) It was humorous.
(c) It was ridiculous.
(d) It was difficult.
4. What reason does Hornblower give for turning down the dinner invitation after dropping off the Indiamen convoy?
(a) He must immediately depart.
(b) He isn't allowed to dine there.
(c) The weather is going to get bad.
(d) He already ate.
5. What does Hornblower have Major Laird lead in Chapter 18?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The air force.
(c) The English army.
(d) The marine forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays on the lower decks of the Sutherland?
2. How does Hornblower describe the initial attacks on the French battery?
3. In Chapter 5, what type of crew member does Hornblower want the most of?
4. Why does the Italian army wave their hats at the Sutherland?
5. How does Hornblower show his pleasure with the crew after the lugger attack?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)