|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of game does Hornblower say rescuing the Pluto was?
(a) A game of whist.
(b) A game of skill.
(c) A game of danger.
(d) A game of hazard.
2. In Chapter 6, why is Hornblower in a foul mood?
(a) Because he is seasick.
(b) Because a merchant ship hit the Sutherland.
(c) Because the crew is seasick.
(d) Because he hates the merchant ships.
3. How does the green crew handle the Sutherland when it first leaves port?
(a) They go too quickly.
(b) They move moderately ahead.
(c) They forget it's their turn to steer.
(d) They move slowly.
4. Why are the French luggers a threat to the Sutherland?
(a) They follow on either side.
(b) They run into the Sutherland head-on.
(c) They have larger guns.
(d) They move faster.
5. Where does Hornblower say he finds the most comfort in Chapter 5?
(a) At home with Maria.
(b) Being under the decks.
(c) In France.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leighton accuse Hornblower of disloyalty in Chapter 17?
2. How many Indiamen does the Sutherland escort?
3. How many of the Indianmen crew volunteer to join the Sutherland?
4. What does Hornblower most appreciate about the Sutherland?
5. What signal does the French brig raise on its flags?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)