|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of all the topics Maria discussed with Barbara at dinner, which does Hornblower find annoying?
(a) Maria's pregnancy.
(b) Hornblower's career.
(c) Barbara's marriage.
(d) The war.
2. Why does Leighton accuse Hornblower of disloyalty in Chapter 17?
(a) For making fun of him.
(b) For his turning down the leadership role.
(c) For his relationship with Barbara.
(d) For doubting the mission.
3. What draft animals are used in Chapter 18 to help the English?
(a) Spanish draft animals.
(b) English draft animals.
(c) French draft animals.
(d) German draft animals.
4. How does Hornblower ensure that the Pluto doesn't collide with the Sutherland?
(a) He guages the wind.
(b) He cuts the rope between the ships.
(c) He makes the Sutherland move faster.
(d) He signals to the Pluto.
5. How many more crew members are on the Sutherland than Hornblower's previous ship?
(a) Two times.
(b) About one hundred more men.
(c) Three times.
(d) Ten more men.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the Sutherland, what do the new hands do before going below the decks?
2. Why does Hornblower turn down the invitation for dinner after dropping off the Indiamen convoy?
3. Why does Hornblower think Barbara may have married Leighton?
4. Why does Leighton want Hornblower to lead his forces in Chapter 17?
5. Why does Hornblower know what road Pino's army will take?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)