|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7, and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutherland post fliers in Chapter 1?
(a) To undermine the King.
(b) To find a missing dog.
(c) To recruit crew members.
(d) To get help escaping the French.
2. Why does Hornblower denounce his crew after the French lugger attack?
(a) Because the crew shouldn't gloat.
(b) Because the crew moved too slowly.
(c) Because the French ships were puny.
(d) Because the French will come back.
3. How does Hornblower describe his transition from land to sea in Chapter 5?
(a) It was easy.
(b) It was humorous.
(c) It was difficult.
(d) It was ridiculous.
4. How many convoys break off in Chapter 6?
5. Who stays on the lower decks of the Sutherland?
(c) Crew members.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower pay for his personal provisions to be used while on the Sutherland?
2. After setting out to sea, what happens to several of the new crew members on the Sutherland?
3. In Chapter 5, what type of crew member does Hornblower want the most of?
4. What successful cruise does Captain Horatio Hornblower come off of at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Why does Hornblower turn down the invitation for dinner after dropping off the Indiamen convoy?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)