|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Sutherland sets out to sea, what other ships accompany it?
(a) Merchant ships.
(c) Battle ships.
(d) Fishing boats.
2. How many men from the Indiamen ships become part of the Sutherland's crew?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Hornblower say the French will have to do?
(a) Build a new boat.
(b) Protect their coast.
(d) Take out a loan.
4. How does the Sutherland react to the two French luggers?
(a) They ignore the ships.
(b) With cannon fire.
(c) With flag waving.
(d) With gun shot.
5. Who asks Hornblower to work on the Sutherland?
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower feel when the Sutherland finally leaves port?
2. What does Hornblower take when he captures the French brig?
3. What is weather like as the Sutherland escorts the Indiamen?
4. How do the military men aboard the Sutherland feel about the Indiamen's crew's work ethic?
5. How does Hornblower show his pleasure with the crew after the lugger attack?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)