|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Hornblower describe the way he readied the Sutherland?
(a) He is worried what others will think.
(b) He feels proud.
(c) He thinks he did well enough.
(d) He criticizes himself.
2. What does Hornblower take when he captures the French brig?
(a) A prize crew.
(c) The flags.
(d) A bag of coins.
3. What do Hornblower and his men do when they are aboard the French coaster?
(a) They sink it.
(b) They take hostages.
(c) They start fires.
(d) They take the fixtures.
4. How many Indiamen does the Sutherland escort?
5. How does Hornblower describe the initial attacks on the French battery?
(d) Too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their first dinner together, what does Bolton decide one of the ships-of-line should do?
2. What successful cruise does Captain Horatio Hornblower come off of at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What is unique about the French coast?
4. In Chapter 5, what type of crew member does Hornblower want the most of?
5. Who leads the attack on the Spanish in Chapter 10?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)