|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hornblower offered for his services, escorting the Indiamen?
(a) An award.
(b) A fancy dinner.
(c) A better title.
(d) A bag of money.
2. How does Hornblower describe his transition from land to sea in Chapter 5?
(a) It was easy.
(b) It was ridiculous.
(c) It was difficult.
(d) It was humorous.
3. What does Hornblower tell his officers during dinner in Chapter 11?
(b) His plan of attack.
(c) That he will be retiring.
(d) That they will all get raises.
4. When the Sutherland sets out to sea, what other ships accompany it?
(b) Merchant ships.
(c) Fishing boats.
(d) Battle ships.
5. How does the Sutherland react to the two French luggers?
(a) They ignore the ships.
(b) With flag waving.
(c) With cannon fire.
(d) With gun shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sutherland post fliers in Chapter 1?
2. When do the two French luggers appear?
3. Why do criminals join the Royal Navy?
4. How do the military men aboard the Sutherland feel about the Indiamen's crew's work ethic?
5. Who built the Sutherland?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)