|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hornblower offered for his services, escorting the Indiamen?
(a) A better title.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A fancy dinner.
(d) An award.
2. How does Leighton feel about Hornblower's actions against the Italian army?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is concerned.
3. Why does Hornblower denounce his crew after the French lugger attack?
(a) Because the French ships were puny.
(b) Because the crew shouldn't gloat.
(c) Because the French will come back.
(d) Because the crew moved too slowly.
4. In Chapter 11, how many prizes does Hornblower capture in a 24-hour period?
5. How does Hornblower ensure that the Pluto doesn't collide with the Sutherland?
(a) He guages the wind.
(b) He signals to the Pluto.
(c) He makes the Sutherland move faster.
(d) He cuts the rope between the ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower order that successfully guides the Pluto to safety?
2. How does the Sutherland crew respond after the French lugger attack?
3. How does Hornblower's crew ensure that the towing hawser is strong enough in Chapter 16?
4. How does Hornblower react to the weather while rescuing the Pluto?
5. How many men does Hornblower take with him for the attack on Port Vendres, France?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)