|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Sutherland able to escape the French luggers?
(a) The French are too slow.
(b) The French agree to help them.
(c) The French get lost.
(d) The French ships are damaged.
2. What does Hornblower tell his officers during dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) That they will all get raises.
(c) His plan of attack.
(d) That he will be retiring.
3. What does Hornblower tell the crew on the French coaster to do when he takes it over?
(a) Show them how to get to the capital.
(b) Get in boats and row to shore.
(c) Jump in the water and swim.
(d) Hand over their valuables.
4. How does Hornblower feel as he nears the place where he will drop off the Indiamen?
5. Why does Hornblower denounce his crew after the French lugger attack?
(a) Because the French ships were puny.
(b) Because the crew moved too slowly.
(c) Because the French will come back.
(d) Because the crew shouldn't gloat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower describe the initial attacks on the French battery?
2. How does Hornblower show his pleasure with the crew after the lugger attack?
3. What is weather like as the Sutherland escorts the Indiamen?
4. What does Hornblower decide to attack instead of the French shore?
5. How does Hornblower react to the weather while rescuing the Pluto?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)