Chapters 1, 2, and 3
1. What successful cruise does Captain Horatio Hornblower come off of at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) HMS Southfield.
(b) HMS Lydia.
(c) HMS Sutherland.
(d) HMS Leighton.
2. What role does Hornblower play on the HMS Sutherland?
3. Who asks Hornblower to work on the Sutherland?
(a) The King.
4. What is Hornblower's main concern about working on the Sutherland?
(a) Brining enough food.
(b) Making enough money.
(c) Leaving his wife.
(d) Having enough crew.
5. What does Hornblower want to control aboard the Sutherland?
6. What does Hornblower most appreciate about the Sutherland?
(a) Its history.
(b) Its large stern-galley.
(c) Its crew.
(d) Its length.
7. What is Hornblower's concern about the stores on the Sutherland?
(a) Hiding his ration.
(b) Getting enough of them.
(c) Keeping them fresh.
(d) Having someone take inventory.
8. Who built the Sutherland?
(a) The French.
(b) The German.
(c) The Dutch.
(d) The English.
9. How many guns are on the Sutherland?
This section contains 4,155 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)