Chapters 1, 2, and 3
• Hornblower has a successful time leading the Lydia.
• Hornblower is offered a position on the Sutherland.
• Hornblower's boss on the Sutherland is his love interest's wife. Hornblower's wife is unaware of this.
• Hornblower is unimpressed with the Sutherland's appearance, performance and crew.
Chapters 4 and 5
• Hornblower and Maria walk home from the Leightons'.
• Hornblower is consumed with worry about several things.
• Hornblower pawns a sword to buy his personal stock.
• Hornblower readies the Sutherland and crew as best as he can.
• The Sutherland leaves port and Hornblower feels relieved.
Chapters 6, 7, and 8
• The Sutherland is part of a convoy to help Indianmen merchant ships arrive safely.
• Hornblower is still displeased with his crew.
• Two French luggers surround and attack the Sutherland, but the Sutherland wins.
• Hornblower's crew begins to work better and faster.
• Hornblower is offered a reward for his work helping the Indianmen arrive safely.
• Hornblower forces...
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)