|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade were the Marburg sisters born?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1980s.
2. How did Rose and Harry meet?
(a) Harry once dated Bianca but later fell in love with Rose.
(b) Harry adopted one of Rose's dogs.
(c) Harry and Rose graduated from college together.
(d) Harry helped Rose carry her groceries home.
3. Where is Dr. Grant sent in the hopes of gaining funding for Grosse Isle?
4. Which of the following activities does Zaga excel in?
(a) Horseback riding.
5. Which of the following sicknesses is known as "ship fever"?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bianca visits Rose's laboratory as adults, which of the following is NOT something they do after sneaking out the lab window?
2. Where did Jemmy Button live during the years he was away from his native island?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Alec Carrière's father?
4. How was Jemmy Button treated by his native land when he returned?
5. Where was Zaga living at the end of the story "Soroche"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Marburg sisters so wild?
2. Who is Adam Rowley?
3. What parallels can be found between Carrière and his idol, Alfred Wallace?
4. What school subject do the Marburg sisters excel in, and how does this shape their adulthood?
5. Who started the winery in "The Marburg Sisters" and who runs it at the time of the story's setting?
6. Why does Joel often feel that his attention must be divided, between Zaga and someone else?
7. Why did Joel want to marry Zaga and how does he treat his new wife?
8. What happened to Alec Carrière on his way home from Brazil?
9. What is the state of Zaga's life at the end of "Soroche"?
10. Who is Jemmy Button?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)