|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the ship captained by Captain FitzRoy?
(a) The HMS Beagle.
(b) The SSR Canary.
(c) The TMS Feline.
(d) The JWE Barracuda.
2. What nationality is Zaga in the story "Soroche"?
3. When Bianca visits Rose's laboratory as adults, which of the following is NOT something they do after sneaking out the lab window?
(a) Hunt for frogs.
(b) Fall asleep on the shore.
(c) Swim in a muddy pool.
(d) Sunbathe naked.
4. Where did Jemmy Button live during the years he was away from his native island?
5. How old are the Marburg sisters when their mother dies?
(a) 3 and 4.
(b) 12 and 13.
(c) 9 and 10.
(d) 16 and 17.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which element of science were the Marburg sisters interested in as teenagers?
2. What does Annie Taggert do for a living?
3. Where did Zaga donate all her money?
4. How does Alec Carrière lose his collection while en route home?
5. Which of the following, terrible events occurs to Zaga on her honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carrière jealous of Wallace?
2. How do the Marburg sisters cope with their father's death?
3. What happened to Jemmy Button a year after arriving in England?
4. How do Bianca and Rose spend their evening in August, 1980 when Bianca visits Rose's laboratory?
5. What parallels can be found between Carrière and his idol, Alfred Wallace?
6. How does Laughlin's relationship with Nora change at the end of the story "Ship Fever"?
7. How did Wallace and Carrière meet?
8. What is the state of Zaga's life at the end of "Soroche"?
9. How does Rose's life change in the wake of her father's death?
10. Who is Adam Rowley?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)