|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school subject does Richard teach?
2. How long is the course in which the scientists are away from their families?
(a) One week
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
3. What is significant about the man known as The English Pupil?
(a) He has disproved many of Linnaeus' theories.
(b) He an Linnaeus had a romantic relationship.
(c) He is the pupil with the greatest achievements.
(d) He is the only pupil still alive.
4. How did Antonia's attacker die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Bone cancer.
(c) Massive blood loss.
(d) Blunt force trauma.
5. What did Frank Kenary focus his studies on while away researching with Jonathan and Ruby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his children does Linnaeus love the most?
2. During the discussion of swallows, which of Sarah Anne's statements does Christopher find inappropriate?
3. What is the name of Linnaeus' wife?
4. What strange defect was Richard born with?
5. On the night when they first made love, what insect did Jonathan and Ruby stay up late discussing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the emotional state of Jonathan and Ruby's relationship at the end of the story - when they are both in their fifties?
2. What do Christopher's philosopher friends think happens to swallows over the winter?
3. Who is The English Pupil?
4. What was Tati's reaction to his supervisor's death?
5. How does Juliet die, and what is Christopher's reaction to the death?
6. How did Jonathan and Ruby end up on the island together in the story "The Littoral Zone"?
7. When is the story "The English Pupil" set?
8. What happens to Linnaeus on his way back home at the end of the story?
9. Who is Catherine, and what relationship does she have to Sara Anne?
10. What were the ages of Jonathan and Ruby's children throughout the course of the story?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)