|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Tati use as his attack weapon?
(a) A pruning knife.
(b) A box cutter.
(c) A farming machete.
(d) A pair of scissors.
2. What country did Sebastian Dunitz immigrate from?
3. What does "The Littoral Zone" refer to?
(a) Sea sickness.
(b) The horizon.
(c) There is no scientific connection.
(d) The sea.
4. Which adjective best describes Linnaeus' oldest son, Carl Jr.?
5. At the time when Jonathan meets Ruby, how long has he been married?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) One year.
(c) He is not married.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antoina's last name?
2. On the night before they made love for the first time, what had Jonathan and Ruby been working on together?
3. As he drives back home from his estate, what does Linnaeus imagine following him?
4. What did Carl Linnaeus do for a living before he retired?
5. At the time of the story, which of the following is NOT true about Carl Linnaeus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jonathan and Ruby treat each other once they returned to the mainland?
2. What were the ages of Jonathan and Ruby's children throughout the course of the story?
3. How did Antonia's life change in the 1970s?
4. What happens to Linnaeus on his way back home at the end of the story?
5. What does Christopher find attractive about Juliet?
6. What type of relationship does Linnaeus have with his family - his wife and his children?
7. What happened on the eighteenth night of the retreat?
8. What unique deformity was Richard born with, and how did it affect his life in adulthood?
9. What was Tati's reaction to his supervisor's death?
10. What aspects of Linnaeus' students' lives are remembered in the story "The English Pupil"?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)