|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his children does Linnaeus love the most?
(a) His youngest daughter.
(b) His youngest son.
(c) His eldest daughter.
(d) His eldest son.
2. What did Frank Kenary focus his studies on while away researching with Jonathan and Ruby?
3. Where does Sarah Anne believe swallows spend their winters?
(b) Down South.
(c) High in the treetops.
(d) In caves.
4. In what year was Antonia born?
5. As he drives back home from his estate, what does Linnaeus imagine following him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antoina's last name?
2. At the time when Ruby meets Jonathan, how long has she been married?
3. How does Sebastian Dunitz react to Antonia's advances?
4. What causes Antonia's deep depression as an adult?
5. Where are the scientists in "The Littoral Zone" sent for their course?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on the eighteenth night of the retreat?
2. What do Christopher's philosopher friends think happens to swallows over the winter?
3. What was Tati's reaction to his supervisor's death?
4. How did Richard manage to obtain a handwritten letter from his idol, Mendel?
5. How were Jonathan and Ruby reunited after arriving home?
6. How did Jonathan and Ruby treat each other once they returned to the mainland?
7. Who is The English Pupil?
8. What were the ages of Jonathan and Ruby's children throughout the course of the story?
9. How did Antonia's life change in the 1970s?
10. How does Sara Anne's life change after Christopher becomes engaged to Juliet?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)