|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which element is most important to the Marburg sisters' seance?
2. Where had Alfred Wallace, Alec Carrière's mentor, spent his years collecting specimens?
(a) South America.
(b) The Caribbean Islands.
(c) North America.
3. When Joel dies, who inherits his great wealth?
(a) Various charities.
(c) His sister.
(d) His children.
4. In which American city did Alec Carrière grow up?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In Philadelphia.
(d) In Detroit.
5. What unusual animal does Alec Carrière adopt as a pet while working in the Malay Archipelago?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A tarantela.
(c) An crocodile.
(d) A boa constritor.
6. Which element of science were the Marburg sisters interested in as teenagers?
(b) Nuclear Physics.
7. What does Rose's husband, Harry, do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a mechanic.
8. What type of relationship does Grant have with Susanna?
(a) They are work partners.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are siblings.
9. Where does Joel take Zaga for their honeymoon?
10. How does Joel's family feel about Zaga?
(a) They embrace her fully.
(b) They have never met her.
(c) They hate her.
(d) They find her annoying.
11. At the end of the story, where does Nora Kynd hope to move to?
(c) New York City.
12. What illness does Alec Carrière come down with while in the Malay Archipelago?
(a) Chicken Pox.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
13. Where are most Paradisaea apoda specimen kept?
(a) In America.
(b) In Asia.
(c) In Africa.
(d) In Europe.
14. How was Jemmy Button treated by his native land when he returned?
(a) He was embraced.
(b) He was treated the exact same as he was before he left.
(c) He was shunned
(d) He was an object of curiosity.
15. Which of the following activities does Zaga excel in?
(c) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Grant find Nora Kynd?
2. Where did Alec Carrière find most of the items in his massive collection?
3. In what decade is the story "Birds with no Feet" set?
4. How does Dr. Grant react when he first sees the sick patients aboard the ships at Grosse Isle?
5. When Bianca visits Rose's laboratory as adults, which of the following is NOT something they do after sneaking out the lab window?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)