|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual animal does Alec Carrière adopt as a pet while working in the Malay Archipelago?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A tarantela.
(c) An crocodile.
(d) A boa constritor.
2. When Alec Carrière reads Wallace's work, what does he feel?
3. Which of the following drugs is NOT one that Bianca and Rose take together at Rose's laboratory?
(a) Hallucinogenic mushrooms.
4. Where did Alec Carrière find most of the items in his massive collection?
(a) All around the world.
(b) In Southeast Asia.
(c) In America.
(d) In Africa.
5. Which of the following best describes Zaga's family?
(c) Middle class.
6. What illness does Alec Carrière come down with while in the Malay Archipelago?
(a) Typhoid Fever.
(b) Chicken Pox.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Alec Carrière's father?
(b) All of the answers are true.
8. How does Alec Carrière lose his collection while en route home?
(a) It is sent to the wrong destination.
(b) It is forgotten.
(c) It burns.
(d) It is stolen.
9. When Joel dies, who inherits his great wealth?
(a) His children.
(b) His sister.
(d) Various charities.
10. What war is America embroiled in when Alec Carrière returns to the U.S.?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The First World War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Second World War.
11. Which of the following activities does Zaga excel in?
(a) Horseback riding.
12. Upon returning to America, what does Alec Carrière decide to do with his life?
(a) Open a school.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Study ornithology.
(d) Become a father.
13. Which aspect of medicine is most intriguing to Dr. Grant?
(a) Health and prevention
(b) Medical research.
(d) Patient care.
14. Which of Zaga's relatives was acquatinted with Charles Darwin?
(a) Her great-great grandfather.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her great-grandfather.
15. How does Alec Carrière's pet die?
(a) It is shot.
(b) It is smashed under a Jeep's tire.
(c) From old age.
(d) From fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Ned and Denis?
2. What body part is the Paradisaea apoda missing?
3. Where was Zaga living at the end of the story "Soroche"?
4. Where did Alec Carrière hope to sell his vast collections?
5. How does Dr. Grant react when he first sees the sick patients aboard the ships at Grosse Isle?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)