|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Alfred Wallace, Alec Carrière's mentor, spent his years collecting specimens?
(b) North America.
(c) South America.
(d) The Caribbean Islands.
2. What U.S. state do the Marburg sisters grow up in?
(d) New York.
3. Which of the following activities does Zaga excel in?
(c) Horseback riding.
4. How does Joel's family feel about Zaga?
(a) They find her annoying.
(b) They embrace her fully.
(c) They have never met her.
(d) They hate her.
5. Which of the following best describes Dr. Jaques, Grant's boss at Grosse Isle?
(c) All of the answers are true.
6. Who are Ned and Denis?
(a) Nora's friends.
(b) Nora's parents.
(c) Nora's brothers.
(d) Nora's dogs.
7. How do the U.S. museums respond to Alec Carrière's Paradisaea apoda specimen?
(a) They are astounded.
(b) They are frustrated.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are apathetic.
8. What body part is the Paradisaea apoda missing?
(c) It is not missing any body parts.
9. In what decade is the story "Birds with no Feet" set?
(a) In the 1750s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) in the 1850s.
(d) In the 1650s.
10. Which of Zaga's relatives was acquatinted with Charles Darwin?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her great-grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her great-great grandfather.
11. Which of the following drugs is NOT one that Bianca and Rose take together at Rose's laboratory?
(c) Hallucinogenic mushrooms.
12. After his collecting exhibition, how does Alec Carrière return to the States?
(a) By plane.
(b) By train.
(c) By ship.
(d) By car.
13. Where was Alec Carrière an apprentice as a young man?
(a) At a library.
(b) At a monastery.
(c) At a blacksmith's.
(d) At a tannery.
14. Which of the following activities does Joel take part in during his honeymoon?
(a) All of the answers are true.
15. What war is America embroiled in when Alec Carrière returns to the U.S.?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The First World War.
(d) The Second World War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susanna's husband do for a living?
2. How does Dr. Grant hear about the need at Grosse Isle?
3. What is the name of the Marburg sisters' grandfather?
4. What was the name of the ship captained by Captain FitzRoy?
5. Where does Dr. Grant find Nora Kynd?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)