|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tati die?
(a) He was executed.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He drown in the bathtub.
(d) He was murdered.
2. What did Frank Kenary focus his studies on while away researching with Jonathan and Ruby?
3. Where did Tati work when Antonia was a child?
(a) At a sanitarium.
(b) At a nursery.
(c) At a church.
(d) At a museum.
4. In what year is "Rare Bird" set?
5. In what country were Antonia's parents born?
6. After Jonathan and Ruby were married, how many children did they have living in their newlywed home?
7. What is the name of Linnaeus' wife?
(a) Sara Elizabeth
(b) Lisa Elizabeth.
(c) Sara Lisa.
(d) Elizabeth Lisa.
8. Which of the following names was most common among Linnaeus' students?
9. Which adjective best describes Linnaeus' oldest son, Carl Jr.?
10. Where do most scientists at the time believe that swallows spend their winters?
(b) High in the treetops.
(c) Down South.
(d) In caves.
11. Which of the characters is meant to be the symbolic "Rare Bird"?
(c) Sarah Anne.
12. How does Christopher feel about his sister's personality?
(a) He is embarrassed by it.
(b) He is proud of it.
(c) He does not have an opinion about it.
(d) He is concerned by it.
13. Which of the following elements did NOT add to the ambiance of the evening the first time Jonathan and Ruby made love?
(b) A thunderstorm.
(d) A fur rug.
14. When Christopher rebukes Sarah Anne, where does she imagine herself sleeping?
(a) In her coffin.
(b) In a feather bed.
(c) On the cold streets.
(d) In an icy river.
15. During the discussion of swallows, which of Sarah Anne's statements does Christopher find inappropriate?
(a) Sarah Anne's dismissal of the scientists' arguments
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) Sarah Anne's personal theory.
(d) Sarah Anne's proposed scientific experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the neighborhood believe was Tati's motivation in the violent attack?
2. What part of Jonathan's body was Ruby first attracted to?
3. How do the couple's children feel about Jonathan and Ruby's relationship?
4. What did Tati's supervisor attempt to do when Antonia was visiting Tati at work as a child?
5. Where are Sarah Anne's parents in the story "Rare Bird"?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)