|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions of Juliette is NOT true?
(a) She is interested in scientific theory.
(b) She is a snappy dresser.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She is beautiful.
2. How does Christopher react when he is reunited with Sarah Anne in America?
(a) He is overjoyed.
(b) He is deeply saddened.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is never reunited with her.
3. Who does Antonia propose to have an illicit marital affair with?
(a) One of her husband's students.
(b) One of the clerics at her church.
(c) Her best friend's husband.
(d) Her next-door neighbor.
4. What does "The Littoral Zone" refer to?
(a) The sea.
(b) Sea sickness.
(c) The horizon.
(d) There is no scientific connection.
5. At what stage of the course do Jonathan and Ruby meet?
(a) On the 30th day.
(b) On the 22nd day.
(c) On the 1st day.
(d) On the 12th day.
6. When Jonathan wakes in the middle of the night and looks at his wife, Ruby, what does he often think?
(a) That she has put on a bit too much weight.
(b) That she has not aged gracefully.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) That he is no longer in love with her.
7. How old was Tati when he died?
8. After their marriage, where do Jonathan and Ruby live?
(a) In Ruda.
(b) In Ba'al.
(c) In Mari.
(d) In Palmyra.
9. How did Ruby attempt to contact Jonathan after returning home?
(a) She did not attempt to contact him.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By letters.
(d) By email.
10. Who was the only relative Antonia grew up with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
11. How do Catherine and Sarah Anne regularly spend their time together?
(a) Cooking and eating meals.
(b) Performing scientific experiments
(c) Reading books and writing letters.
(d) Drinking wine and gossiping.
12. What did Frank Kenary focus his studies on while away researching with Jonathan and Ruby?
13. Which of the following facts does Linnaeus struggle to remember about his daughter, Sophia?
(a) How many children she has.
(b) Whether or not she is married.
(c) What she does for a living.
(d) Whether or not she is alive
14. How does Juliet die?
(a) She is drown.
(b) From small pox.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) In childbirth.
15. On the night before they made love for the first time, what had Jonathan and Ruby been working on together?
(a) Composing a presentation.
(b) Researching the mating rituals of seagulls.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) A video montage to send home to their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tati's supervisor attempt to do when Antonia was visiting Tati at work as a child?
2. What did the neighborhood believe was Tati's motivation in the violent attack?
3. Where did Tati work when Antonia was a child?
4. How did Tati die?
5. At the time of the story, which of the following is NOT true about Carl Linnaeus?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)