|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is Linnaeus' favorite estate located?
2. How old was Tati when he died?
3. How long before Linnaeus' death is the story "The English Pupil" set?
(a) One month.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
4. Which of the following names was most common among Linnaeus' students?
5. What specialty do all the scientists in "The Littoral Zone" work in?
6. As he drives back home from his estate, what does Linnaeus imagine following him?
7. Which of his children does Linnaeus love the most?
(a) His youngest daughter.
(b) His eldest son.
(c) His eldest daughter.
(d) His youngest son.
8. How does Christopher react when he is reunited with Sarah Anne in America?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is never reunited with her.
(c) He is deeply saddened.
(d) He is overjoyed.
9. How did Antonia's attacker die?
(a) Blunt force trauma.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Massive blood loss.
(d) Bone cancer.
10. How old is Catherine?
(a) The same age as Sarah Anne.
(b) Younger than Sarah Anne.
(c) Older than Sarah Anne.
(d) There is no mention of Catherine's age.
11. To which bird does Linneaus compare his former students?
12. Who picks Linnaeus up from the estate to bring him back home?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His pupil.
(d) His daughter.
13. After their marriage, where do Jonathan and Ruby live?
(a) In Palmyra.
(b) In Ba'al.
(c) In Mari.
(d) In Ruda.
14. In what year is "Rare Bird" set?
15. At what stage of the course do Jonathan and Ruby meet?
(a) On the 22nd day.
(b) On the 1st day.
(c) On the 30th day.
(d) On the 12th day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linnaeus travel?
2. Which of the following facts does Linnaeus struggle to remember about his daughter, Sophia?
3. How did Tati die?
4. What did the neighborhood believe was Tati's motivation in the violent attack?
5. What is Richard's reaction to the social upheavals at the university where he teaches?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)