|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Alec from giving up his taxidermy hobby?
(a) An exhibition of Wallace's specimens.
(b) A Bird of Paradise specimen.
(c) Edwards' book "A Voyage Up the River Amazon."
(d) A display at the Academy of Natural Sciences.
2. What rule of Rose's separates Rose from Bianca?
(a) Never talk indoors.
(b) Always tell the full truth.
(c) Always try to agree.
(d) Never talk about the past.
3. What role does Sarah Anne play when the guests are talking?
4. How old are Rose and Bianca when their mother is killed?
(a) Eight and nine.
(b) Three and four.
(c) Nine and ten.
(d) Thirteen and fourteen.
5. What are Rose and Bianca like in their youth?
(b) Always at war with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Zaga get from Dr. Sepulveda when she writes to him after returning home from Chile?
2. Who does Rob want Zaga to meet when he calls her?
3. Where is Bianca when Rose wakes up the next morning?
4. Where do Rose and Bianca get together again?
5. How do Rose and Bianca spend the rest of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Rose and Bianca do now at the time of the story?
2. What does Alec Carriere have in the hold when "Birds with No Feet" begins?
3. What is the only case where Alec precedes Wallace?
4. What happens when Mrs. Pearce asks Sarah Anne what she is looking at when they meet at the bridge?
5. What difficulties does Alec have in bringing the Birds of Paradise back with him?
6. What happens when Alec returns to America with his Birds of Paradise?
7. Why do Wallace and Alec not travel together in the Malay Archipelago?
8. How do Rose and Bianca communicate with their mother?
9. What is Wallace like when Alec first meets him?
10. What happens to Zaga after the investment she makes in Nicholas Bennett's scheme fails?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)