|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far into their course are Jonathan and Ruby before they have their first real conversation?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
2. Who builds Hammarby?
(a) Linnaeus' family.
(c) Sara Lisa's family.
3. Where is Linnaeus' wife at the beginning of the story?
4. How long after they leave the marine biology station does Ruby call Jonathan?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What are Linnaeus' students holding when he sees them as he is leaving?
(a) The animals they have named for him.
(b) The gifts he has given them.
(c) The plants he has named after them.
(d) The books they have published.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carl Nageli?
2. Who is Richard's wife in "The Behavior of the Hawkweeds?"
3. Which answer describes Sophia's appearance?
4. What is the worst part about returning from the marine biology station?
5. What does Tati see when he climbs the wall at the Augustinian monastery in Brno?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Linnaeus built at Hammarby?
2. What does Tati see when he scales the monastery walls outside of Brno?
3. When a man and a woman arrive, who does Linnaeus think they are?
4. What happens when Tati sees Antonia and Leiniger together in the greenhouse?
5. Describe Tati, also known as Anton Vaculik, Antonia's grandfather.
6. What does Linnaeus remember about Rotheram?
7. In what situation is the coachman at the beginning of "The English Pupil?"
8. What vision does Linnaeus see near the fireplace?
9. When do Jonathan and Ruby really notice each other for the first time?
10. How do Jonathan and Ruby act when they are together after their first real conversation?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)