|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sophia nurse back to health?
(b) Linnaeus himself.
(d) Sara Lisa.
2. How far into their course are Jonathan and Ruby before they have their first real conversation?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) One week.
(d) Half an hour.
3. How does Linnaeus identify the man who arrives?
(a) He does not remember a wedding so it must be his daughter's fiancé.
(b) He remembers that the man who arrives always reminds him of one of his schoolmates.
(c) He had classified his students according to eye color once.
(d) He remembers the man's mustache.
4. What does Antonia think about what Otto Leiniger has asked of her in the greenhouse?
(a) She thinks he is a lonely old man.
(b) She thinks he is asking to sleep with him.
(c) She thinks he is asking her to leave.
(d) She thinks he is asking her to marry him.
5. Where is Linneaus' museum at Hammarby?
(a) Next to the kitchen.
(b) Adjacent to his study.
(c) Near town.
(d) Up on the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jonathan and Ruby find to be difficult when returning after their time at the marine biology station?
2. What is the house like now that the children are grown?
3. What do both Jonathan and Ruby have?
4. What does Antonia tell Sebastian Dunitz that she has not told her husband?
5. What does Richard tell his students about the paper he gives them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Linnaeus view what his pupils have done for him?
2. Richard is sensitive about what condition?
3. How has Carl Nageli influenced Mendel's work?
4. Describe the late years in Mendel's career.
5. The children talk about what when they visit Ruby and Jonathan?
6. What does Linnaeus remember about Rotheram?
7. Where are Jonathan and Ruby working when they meet?
8. When a man and a woman arrive, who does Linnaeus think they are?
9. What happens when Tati sees Antonia and Leiniger together in the greenhouse?
10. In what state is Carl Linnaeus at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)