|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antonia think Otto Leiniger is?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A gentleman.
2. What is the house like before the children are grown?
(a) It is always noisy with children coming and going.
(b) It is filled with children on weekends and quiet in between.
(c) It is always filled with children.
(d) It is quiet on weekends and filled with children all week.
3. What does Otto Leiniger ask Antonia to do when he finds her alone in the greenhouse?
(a) He asks her to show him the garden.
(b) He asks her to tell him about her father.
(c) He asks her to lean over and water some plants.
(d) He asks her to make love with him.
4. What is the house like now that the children are grown?
(a) The children have left and it is always quiet.
(b) The children come and go as they please.
(c) The children bring their friends and it is always busy.
(d) Ruby and Jonathan travel too much to be home.
5. What is in Linnaeus' museum?
(a) An herbarium and insect collection.
(b) Fossils and stones.
(c) Pieces of early human skeletons.
(d) An exhibition of zoological specimens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mendel born?
2. Linnaeus thinks about what while he is driven through the snow?
3. Where does Linnaeus' coachman take him when they arrive at Hammarby?
4. Why does Linnaeus ask his coachman to keep driving at the beginning of the story?
5. What do Jonathan and Ruby find to be difficult when returning after their time at the marine biology station?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do Jonathan and Ruby really notice each other for the first time?
2. What do Jonathan and Ruby do when the tension builds between them?
3. Why does Richard smile and look at his wife when he tells the story of Mendel's life?
4. What does Antonia tell Richard when they are dating?
5. What does Linnaeus remember about Rotheram?
6. How does Linnaeus view what his pupils have done for him?
7. What does Richard tell his students about Mendel's life?
8. Richard is sensitive about what condition?
9. What is remarkable about Thunberg?
10. What do Linnaeus and his coachman do when they reach Hammarby?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)