|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rose and Bianca share in addition to their text books?
(a) Rides to school.
2. Who hires the nurse who takes care of Rose's and Bianca's father when he is dying?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) Rose and Bianca.
(c) A group of his friends.
(d) His wife.
3. Whose theories are Christopher Billopp, his sister Sarah Anne, and their guests discussing?
4. Mrs. Pearce and Sarah Anne Billopp agree on what during their conversation?
(a) Lay people should have faith in scientists and God.
(b) Scientific theories should give evidence of divine laws.
(c) Scientists should be morally upstanding people.
(d) Scientific theories should be based on evidence.
5. What do Rose and Bianca do at midnight?
(a) Go to a bar.
(b) Go to the ocean.
(c) Go to the creek.
(d) Go to the cliffs.
6. What does Barton give Alec?
(a) Passage to the Amazon.
(b) Letters of introduction.
7. What do Rose and Bianca study in college?
(a) Romance languages.
8. How do Rose and Bianca keep in touch with each other after they visit at Rose's lab?
(a) A year passes before they talk again.
(b) They see each other a few times a month.
(c) They talk on the phone infrequently for a year.
(d) They exchange impersonal letters.
9. At whose house is Wallace staying when Alec finds him next in 1855?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Sir John Brooke.
(c) Mr. Adam Rowley.
(d) Dr. Lauchlin Grant.
10. Who is Dr. Sepulveda?
(a) The tour guide who takes Joel and Zaga through Chile.
(b) A widower Zaga meets in Chile.
(c) Joel's step father.
(d) A curator at the art museum.
11. When does Alec meet Wallace?
(a) Alec is just about to return home from the Amazon.
(b) Wallace has just arrived at the Amazon.
(c) Alec has just returned to the station at the bottom of the river after a collecting trip.
(d) Wallace is just about to return home from the Amazon.
12. What do Rose and Bianca hear while they are eating together?
(b) Their mother's voice.
(c) Their father's coughing.
13. What prevents Alec from giving up his taxidermy hobby?
(a) A Bird of Paradise specimen.
(b) Edwards' book "A Voyage Up the River Amazon."
(c) An exhibition of Wallace's specimens.
(d) A display at the Academy of Natural Sciences.
14. What has Mr. Barton just done for Alec?
(a) Barton has just sold his collection of specimens.
(b) Barton has just put Alec in touch with Wallace.
(c) Barton has just arranged for Alec to marry.
(d) Barton has just contracted with Alec for more specimens.
15. How does Zaga spend her days after she moves downtown?
(a) She does not see anyone.
(b) She cleans out the closets.
(c) She works at the art museum.
(d) She arranges the distribution of her husband's paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what circumstances has Wallace lost his own specimens?
2. To whom does Sarah Anne write a letter when she is alone?
3. What does Rose convince Bianca to do with her?
4. Through Rob, Zaga get involved in what kind of investment?
5. What are Rose and Bianca like in their youth?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)