|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Littoral Zone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonia tell Sebastian Dunitz that she has not told her husband?
(a) Where she has learned about Mendel.
(b) Where she has kept Tati's papers.
(c) Mendel's horticultural secrets.
(d) The flaws in her husband's experimental techniques.
2. What happens after Antonia's daughters grow up and move away?
(a) Her world goes gray for a year.
(b) She leaves her husband.
(c) She and her husband move to Brno.
(d) She throws dinner parties for the alumni of the college where Richard is teaching.
3. When does "The English Pupil" take place?
(a) April, 1836.
(b) October, 1829.
(c) July, 1859.
(d) December, 1777.
4. How far into their course are Jonathan and Ruby before they have their first real conversation?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
5. Where is Ruby working when she meets Jonathan?
(a) At a university in Boston.
(b) At a college in the Berkshires.
(c) At a college near Albany.
(d) At a college in Ithaca.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Sophia nurse back to health?
2. Linnaeus has forgotten about which student?
3. Ruby, Jonathan, and the children talk about what when the children visit?
4. What do Linnaeus' students begin to describe when he sees them?
5. Why does Linnaeus ask his coachman to keep driving at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)