|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The English Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linnaeus do when Pehr tells him that they should return?
(a) He pulls the sled outside and locks the door.
(b) He smokes his pipe.
(c) He dies.
(d) He gets up and walks outside.
2. What does Otto Leiniger do in 1931?
(a) He publishes his response to Mendel's paper.
(b) He takes over the nursery where Tati works.
(c) He emigrates to Paris.
(d) He gives his daughter away in marriage.
3. Who does Antonia think Otto Leiniger is?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A salesman.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A scholar.
4. What does Mendel do when Tati jumps over the wall at the monastery?
(a) He attacks him.
(b) He runs and hides.
(c) He brings him back to his house and interrogates him about what he has seen.
(d) He shows him a tame fox and other animals.
5. Linnaeus has forgotten about which student?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Linnaeus' health at the beginning of the story?
2. What does Antonia think about what Otto Leiniger has asked of her in the greenhouse?
3. What does Richard tell his students about the paper he gives them?
4. What does Tati see when he climbs the wall at the Augustinian monastery in Brno?
5. When does Anton Vaculik leave his homeland?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)