|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The English Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard tell his students about the paper he gives them?
(a) It should have been censored.
(b) It is a model of good science.
(c) It is irresponsible and dangerous thinking.
(d) It is going to revolutionize science.
2. What does Linnaeus do when Pehr tells him that they should return?
(a) He smokes his pipe.
(b) He dies.
(c) He pulls the sled outside and locks the door.
(d) He gets up and walks outside.
3. Where does Anton Vaculik work?
(a) On a farm.
(b) At a foundry.
(c) At a nursery.
(d) In a laboratory.
4. Who is Carl Nageli?
(a) Mendel's father-in-law.
(b) A botanist in Munich.
(c) A policeman in Brno.
(d) Mendel's lover's husband.
5. How old is Linnaeus' son when his son dies?
(a) Twenty seven years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Thirty seven years old.
(d) Two years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "The English Pupil" take place?
2. Where is Mendel born?
3. Why does Linnaeus ask his coachman to keep driving at the beginning of the story?
4. Linnaeus thinks about what while he is driven through the snow?
5. Where does Linnaeus begin to see his students?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)