|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The English Pupil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard smile at his wife while he is giving the lecture about Mendel?
(a) She makes subtle jokes about how he delivers the material.
(b) He likes to think about how their children have her eyes.
(c) He wants her to know that he still loves her more than science.
(d) She knows the secret of how Mendel had been led astray by another scientist.
2. Whom does Sophia nurse back to health?
(b) Sara Lisa.
(c) Linnaeus himself.
3. What does the man who arrives with Sophia tell Linnaeus?
(a) That it is time to go.
(b) That Sophia is expecting a baby.
(c) That he and Sophia are getting married.
(d) That he needs his approval to continue his studies.
4. Which answer describes Sophia's appearance?
(a) Caring and comforting.
(b) Angry at Pehr.
(c) Pretty and smiling.
(d) Anxious and worried.
5. Linnaeus thinks about what while he is driven through the snow?
(a) Pea plants.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonia think Otto Leiniger is?
2. Where is Linnaeus' wife at the beginning of the story?
3. When does "The English Pupil" take place?
4. Linnaeus has forgotten about which student?
5. When does Mendel begin his experiments?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)