|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Marburg Sisters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Linnaeus' health at the beginning of the story?
(a) He has had a number of strokes and is half paralyzed.
(b) He is in the prime of his health.
(c) He is young and in love.
(d) His heart is failing.
2. How does Sarah propose to test the theory of what happens to swallows in winter?
(a) She proposes they catch swallows and confine them under water.
(b) She proposes they follow the swallows in the evenings.
(c) She proposes they dissect a swallow to see if it can breathe under water.
(d) She proposes to correspond with people in South America.
3. Mrs. Pearce and Sarah Anne Billopp agree on what during their conversation?
(a) Scientific theories should be based on evidence.
(b) Scientific theories should give evidence of divine laws.
(c) Lay people should have faith in scientists and God.
(d) Scientists should be morally upstanding people.
4. Bianca is thinking about what when she drives to see Rose in 1980?
(c) The undead.
(d) The dead.
5. Which of Linnaeus' students dies first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Linnaeus' students holding when he sees them as he is leaving?
2. What do Rose and Bianca hear while they are eating together?
3. What is the Marburg sisters' mother's name?
4. Where does Linnaeus' coachman take him when they arrive at Hammarby?
5. How does Linnaeus identify the man who arrives?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)