|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Tool is walking towards Nita and Nailer?
(a) He is attacked by Richard's two half-men.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is knifed in the back.
(d) He is knocked over by a cart.
2. What threatens to take over the buildings in the area?
(a) Wild animals.
3. What does Nailer realize will happen if the Pole Star sinks?
(a) Nailer will finally be rid of Richard in his life.
(b) The legal backlash could hurt his chances at freedom.
(c) The international patrol will be after the Dauntless.
(d) Everyone will could die, including Nita.
4. What does Tool refuse to do?
(a) Leave the two youngsters to scout ahead.
(b) Make a path through the weeds for them.
(c) Answer anymore questions.
(d) Carry Nita on his back.
5. What does Nailer beg of Richard?
(a) Nailer will not beg anything of his father.
(b) To let Nailer pay him more money to return to the island.
(c) To leave Nailer alone.
(d) To go back to the island and forget Nailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nailer do as he leaps off the ship's mechanism?
2. What does Pyce seek?
3. Which boats in the harbor belong to Nita's father's fleet?
4. Why does Richard's gang not tie up Nailer?
5. Which ship has Nita seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Nailer make about his father?
2. What does Nita say about why her uncle is chasing her?
3. What does Nailer learn immediately upon awakening?
4. What does Captain Candless do after hearing Nailer's story?
5. Why does Nailer risk going into Blue Eye's shack and what does he do there?
6. What bothers Nailer the most about his situation with Pima and Nita?
7. How do Richard's and Nailer's perceptions of the situation differ?
8. What does Nailer realize about those on board the Pole Star, and what is his final thought about it?
9. What do they learn from Tool about Nita's kidnapping?
10. How does the Dauntless fall into a trap and what seems to be the best way to get out of it?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)