|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pyce worry Patel will do?
(a) Cut Pyce off from funds.
(b) Cause legal problems for Pyce.
(c) Cut Pyce's children off from any inheritance.
(d) Make Patal's sister divorce Pyce.
2. Which ship has Nita seen?
(a) The Iron Mountain.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The Dauntless.
(d) The Monitor.
3. What does Richard beg Nailer to do?
(a) Tell Richard Nailer loves him.
(b) Forget all the bad times.
(d) Set Richard free.
4. What does Tool say about blood?
(a) It is thicker than water.
(b) It is usually true to itself.
(d) It does not determine one's fate.
5. How does Tool compare himself to the rest of his breed?
(a) He is about the same as most of them.
(b) He is stronger.
(c) He has less of the canine genes in his blood.
(d) He says he is smarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nita not understand about Tool?
2. How does Nailer lose his pistol?
3. What is problematic about wading in the lake?
4. How much had the crew been betting?
5. Where is Nailer given a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Nailer when they arrive at the mansion and who does Nailer find inside?
2. How do Richard's and Nailer's perceptions of the situation differ?
3. Describe Nailer's search for Nita.
4. Describe the argument between Nita and Tool.
5. How does the Dauntless fall into a trap and what seems to be the best way to get out of it?
6. Why does Nailer risk going into Blue Eye's shack and what does he do there?
7. How is Tool removed from being their guardian?
8. What bothers Nailer the most about his situation with Pima and Nita?
9. What happens when Blue Eyes suddenly wakes and how is Nailer saved?
10. Describe the initial boarding of the Pole Star by the Dauntless crew.
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)