|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sadna ask of Tool?
(a) To protect the children on their journey.
(b) To start a fire and burn Blue Eyes' body.
(c) To kill Richard.
(d) To make it look like Blue Eyes was guilty and deserved death.
2. What does Nailer realize will happen if the Pole Star sinks?
(a) Everyone will could die, including Nita.
(b) Nailer will finally be rid of Richard in his life.
(c) The legal backlash could hurt his chances at freedom.
(d) The international patrol will be after the Dauntless.
3. What does Nailer beg of Richard?
(a) To go back to the island and forget Nailer.
(b) To let Nailer pay him more money to return to the island.
(c) Nailer will not beg anything of his father.
(d) To leave Nailer alone.
4. What does Captain Candless hand Nailer?
(a) Some money.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A letter.
(d) A knife.
5. Why is tricking the Pole Star the Dauntless' only option?
(a) The Pole Star will just refuse to be engaged.
(b) They have to get Nita before the Pole Star reaches a certain meridian.
(c) The Pole Star is a better ship in all ways.
(d) Richard might kill Nita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Nailer about the place where he leads the men?
2. What threatens to take over the buildings in the area?
3. What is problematic about wading in the lake?
4. How does Richard seem when he arrives and notices Nailer is awake?
5. What does Richard beg Nailer to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nailer think about his position while the Dauntless is chasing the Ray?
2. What does Nita say about why her uncle is chasing her?
3. What does Nailer learn about Nita's would-be rescuers?
4. What do they learn from Tool about Nita's kidnapping?
5. What bothers Nailer the most about his situation with Pima and Nita?
6. What does Nailer suddenly notice one day as he is working and what does he do?
7. How does the Dauntless fall into a trap and what seems to be the best way to get out of it?
8. How do Richard's and Nailer's perceptions of the situation differ?
9. What happens when Blue Eyes suddenly wakes and how is Nailer saved?
10. What does Nailer realize about those on board the Pole Star, and what is his final thought about it?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)