|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much had the crew been betting?
(a) 10 Green Canadian.
(b) 10 red Chinese.
(c) 50 red Chinese.
(d) 50 Blue British.
2. What does Nita say is in Tool's genes?
(b) Fear of his master.
(c) Being subservient.
3. What did Nita's father learn about Pyce?
(a) He beats his wife regularly.
(b) He was not who he said he was.
(c) He was mismanaging funds from the business.
(d) He sold secrets to another corporation.
4. What does Captain Candless hand Nailer?
(a) A pistol.
(b) Some money.
(c) A letter.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Nita not understand about Tool?
(a) Why he left his crew.
(b) If Tool can think for himself.
(c) How he can work without a master.
(d) Why he has stayed with Nita and Nailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pyce seek?
2. What does Nailer think is the best option for Pima, Nita, and himself?
3. What does Nailer do when they are aboard the train?
4. Why do they have to move quickly?
5. What ship had been chasing Nita into the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do they learn from Tool about Nita's kidnapping?
2. What bothers Nailer the most about his situation with Pima and Nita?
3. Why does Nailer risk going into Blue Eye's shack and what does he do there?
4. What causes the three of them dismay as they arrive at the docks?
5. What is another sign that the scavenge has been sucessful?
6. What does Nailer realize about those on board the Pole Star, and what is his final thought about it?
7. How does the Dauntless fall into a trap and what seems to be the best way to get out of it?
8. What does Nita say about why her uncle is chasing her?
9. What happens between Nailer and his father in the engine room?
10. What does Nailer suddenly notice one day as he is working and what does he do?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)