|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Nailer's father try to flee the storm?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He does not think the storm is too bad.
(c) His judgement is impaired by drugs.
(d) He is unconscious.
2. Why do the children work so hard when Bapi comes around?
(a) So he will keep them on the crew.
(b) So they will not be docked any pay.
(c) So they will not be made to swab the docks.
(d) So they will not be sent to the children's protection league.
3. How long could Nailer's head injury take to heal?
(a) Several months.
(b) A day or two.
(d) Many days.
4. What does Nailer know of one thing he does not have in his life?
5. Why is Nailer hesitant about seeing Richard?
(a) He's not sure how his father feels about being saved.
(b) He's not sure if his father is drunk.
(c) He thinks Richard looks different.
(d) He feels badly that he was not able to save his father himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Nailer find as he is searching through the ship?
2. How does Sadna care for Nailer?
3. What does Pima start thinking about immediately after seeing the clipper ship?
4. What does Nailer feel as he propels himself out of the water?
5. What does Bapi do to Sloth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude about luck among Nailer's community and how will that affect Nailer's relationship to others after his almost dying.?
2. What do Nailer and Pima learn about who Lucky Girl really is?
3. What do Nailer and Pima find in the jungle and what is their first reaction?
4. What is Nailer's solution to not trusting the girl they rescue?
5. How does Nailer fee about Bright Sands?
6. What does the girl ask Nailer when she wakes and what is his reaction?
7. What is wrong with Nailer and why will it be difficult to cure?
8. What is Nailer doing as the novel opens?
9. How does Nailer feel when he sees Sadns emerging from the woods with his father?
10. What are the few people's reaction that see Nailer immediately after he pops up to the water's surface and why do they react the way they do?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)