|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nailer wear a mask?
(a) The air is full of sulfur.
(b) Protection from asbestos and rat droppings.
(c) The air contains little oxygen.
(d) So he cannot be recognized by the child labor people.
2. Why can't Nailer buy something from Lucky Strike?
(a) Lucky Strike hates Nailer's father.
(b) Nailer had a run-in with Lucky Strike.
(c) Nailer is underage.
(d) He'll wonder where Nailer got money.
3. Where does Nailer go for help?
(d) The police.
4. What does Nailer find on his first dive?
(a) A rung ladder.
(b) A water hose.
(c) A door.
(d) A porthold.
5. What do Nailer and Pima find in the engineering room?
(a) Three drowned half men.
(b) A live dog.
(c) Two dead men.
(d) A drowned dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pima tells Nailer that everyone wants to be close to Nailer because____________.
2. Nailer tells Babi there's lots of __________.
3. How do Pima and Nailer survive the winds and rain?
4. What room does Nailer find as he is searching through the ship?
5. What is one of the worse things that can happen to a member of the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nailer fear for his livelihood, and what gives him some hope?
2. What is the attitude about luck among Nailer's community and how will that affect Nailer's relationship to others after his almost dying.?
3. What do Pima and Nailer find in the galley that makes it obvious that this is a massive Lucky Strike?
4. What do the three do the next morning?
5. What is Nailer's solution to not trusting the girl they rescue?
6. What are the few people's reaction that see Nailer immediately after he pops up to the water's surface and why do they react the way they do?
7. What dampens the survivors good mood?
8. What does the crew think will happen to Sloth?
9. Who cares for Nailer's wounds?
10. What does the girl ask Nailer when she wakes and what is his reaction?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)