|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nailer not understand about the owners of the clipper ship?
(a) Why they would have been out in the storm.
(b) Why they have not come looking for it.
(c) Why they haven't started operations to pull it off the sand bar.
(d) Why they are anchored in pirate territory.
2. What is one of the worse things that can happen to a member of the crew?
(a) To have their mask fall off.
(b) To be fired.
(c) To fall in the polluted water.
(d) To have Babi think they are too young to work.
3. Why do Nailer and his friends cry out in joy?
(a) They notice one of the beached ships is full of unclaimed oil.
(b) Two tankers that were sunken have risen in the storm.
(c) A large clipper ship is approaching the harbor.
(d) Sadna and Richard emerge from the jungle.
4. Where do they find bodies?
(a) They do not find any since they were washed out to sea.
(b) In tree limbs and on the shore.
(c) Mostly in the harbor around the pier poles.
(d) Mostly still in the peoples' homes.
5. What could the rich girl's fingers have been to Nailer?
(a) A reminder of the capriciousness of life.
(c) Fate amulets.
(d) A way to prove his claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nailer and Pima find in the engineering room?
2. What does Bapi do to Sloth?
3. Why can't Nailer buy something from Lucky Strike?
4. Why does Nailer have to go to his house instead of Pima's?
5. What does Nailer hear when he leans forward closer to the rich girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ritual of making the girl a crew member.
2. How does the girl try to ensure that Nailer and Pima will not change their minds and kill her?
3. Who cares for Nailer's wounds?
4. How does Nailer fee about Bright Sands?
5. What does the crew think will happen to Sloth?
6. What are the few people's reaction that see Nailer immediately after he pops up to the water's surface and why do they react the way they do?
7. Where is Nailer crawling when he goes back end and what does he think of concerning Jackson Boy?
8. What is wrong with Nailer and why will it be difficult to cure?
9. How does Nailer fare in the oil when he falls into a pool of it?
10. What do Nailer and Pima find in the jungle and what is their first reaction?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)