|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pyce worry Patel will do?
(a) Make Patal's sister divorce Pyce.
(b) Cause legal problems for Pyce.
(c) Cut Pyce off from funds.
(d) Cut Pyce's children off from any inheritance.
2. What does Nailer decide to do?
(a) Find a way to row out to the clipper.
(b) Try to ambush and kill Richard.
(c) Try to circle around and find out what happened to Tool.
(d) Swim out to Nita's father's boat.
3. What ship does Candless decide to go after?
(a) The Moonbeam.
(b) The Ray.
(c) The Dauntless.
(d) None of them.
4. To what ship does Tool say Nita has been taken?
(a) The Ray.
(b) The Sunbeam.
(c) The Dauntless.
(d) The Pole Star.
5. What do Nailer, Tool and, Nita get on the docks?
(c) In trouble.
6. Why does Richard's gang not tie up Nailer?
(a) It appears that Richard is pleased with Nailer.
(b) Richard ordered it.
(c) They do tie him to a tree.
(d) Nailer is still to ill to do anything but lie still.
7. Why is it obvious the scavenge has gone well?
(a) The clothing the crew is wearing.
(b) Nothing is obvious to Nailer about the scavenge.
(c) The food the crew is eating.
(d) The way the crew is swaggering.
8. What does Nita not understand about Tool?
(a) If Tool can think for himself.
(b) How he can work without a master.
(c) Why he left his crew.
(d) Why he has stayed with Nita and Nailer.
9. Which ship has Nita seen?
(a) The Dauntless.
(b) The Monitor.
(c) The Iron Mountain.
(d) The Constitution.
10. What does Captain Candless do after hearing Nailer's story?
(a) Tells Nailer to go bring Nita to the ship.
(b) Gathers a crew to go get Nita.
(c) Throws Nailer in the brig.
(d) Throws Nailer overboard.
11. Who is with Richard?
12. What motivates Richard in his onslaught against Nailer?
(a) He is high on crystal.
(b) He thinks Nailer made him look like a fool.
(c) He is drunk on gin.
(d) He is enraged at what he sees as Nailer's good life.
13. What happens when Candless leaps on board and orders the crew to surrender?
(a) He is sprayed with gunshot.
(b) He is met with silence.
(c) The Pole Star crew surrenders.
(d) Nita runs forward.
14. What does Tool say about blood?
(a) It does not determine one's fate.
(b) It is thicker than water.
(d) It is usually true to itself.
15. Why do they have to move quickly?
(a) Before Pyce's people realize that Nita is still alive.
(b) To perhaps find Tool alive.
(c) So Nita will not think Nailer was captured and get herself captured.
(d) So Nita will not venture out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lucky Girl when Nailer wakes?
2. How does Nailer feel on the train?
3. Where does Nita say they need to go?
4. What does Nailer think is the best option for Pima, Nita, and himself?
5. What does Nailer convince Knot to do?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)