|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nailer feel on the train?
2. What happens when Candless leaps on board and orders the crew to surrender?
(a) He is sprayed with gunshot.
(b) He is met with silence.
(c) The Pole Star crew surrenders.
(d) Nita runs forward.
3. Who comes running into the shack when Blue Eyes is about to blind one of Nailer's eyes?
(b) Sadna and her crew.
(c) No one.
4. Where does the Dauntless need to reach before the Pole Star catches her?
(a) The Orleans harbor.
(b) A neutral zone near Mobile.
(c) The lee side of the island.
(d) The Teeth.
5. What does Nailer do?
(a) Jumps into the shadows of the dock.
(b) Dives under the water.
(c) Pulls his hood over his head.
(d) Turns and walks in the opposite direction.
6. Why is it going to be very difficult for Nailer to work in the machine room?
(a) He's not strong enough to pull the levers.
(b) He can't read.
(c) They do not need anyone in the way.
(d) He is not tall enough to reach the levers.
7. What does Tool say about blood?
(a) It is usually true to itself.
(c) It does not determine one's fate.
(d) It is thicker than water.
8. What does Nailer beg of Richard?
(a) Nailer will not beg anything of his father.
(b) To leave Nailer alone.
(c) To go back to the island and forget Nailer.
(d) To let Nailer pay him more money to return to the island.
9. Who fights Blue Eyes?
10. Who is in the attic when Nailer gets up there?
(d) No one.
11. Who does Nailer bring to be with him?
(b) No one.
(d) Sadna and Pima.
12. What do the travelers realize when they check their pockets?
(a) They have very little money.
(b) They have no identification.
(c) They have enough money to get them across the lake.
(d) They are full of muck and debris.
13. What does Sadna ask of Tool?
(a) To start a fire and burn Blue Eyes' body.
(b) To protect the children on their journey.
(c) To kill Richard.
(d) To make it look like Blue Eyes was guilty and deserved death.
14. What has Richard been forcing down Nailer?
15. Why doesn't Captain Candless believe it is the ship whose name Tool recognizes?
(a) That ship is supposed to be in Russia.
(b) That ship is supposed to be in dry dock.
(c) That ship is supposed to be in South America.
(d) That ship is supposed to be in Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tool refuse to do?
2. Which boats in the harbor belong to Nita's father's fleet?
3. Why does Richard's gang not tie up Nailer?
4. What does Pima do when Nailer starts to argue with Richard?
5. How does Richard wound Nailer?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)