|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nailer feel for Richard?
(c) Just pure rage.
(d) Conflicting emotions.
2. Who is with Richard?
3. What does Captain Candless say about the ship where Tool believes Nita is being held?
(a) It's captain can be bribed.
(b) It had been loyal to Nita's father.
(c) It is very slow.
(d) It is the fastest, most dangerous ship in the fleet.
4. What does Richard beg Nailer to do?
(a) Set Richard free.
(b) Tell Richard Nailer loves him.
(c) Forget all the bad times.
5. What happens when Candless leaps on board and orders the crew to surrender?
(a) Nita runs forward.
(b) The Pole Star crew surrenders.
(c) He is met with silence.
(d) He is sprayed with gunshot.
6. How will the group get to where they need to go?
(a) Walk around the lake.
(b) Water taxi.
7. What does Nailer realize about his future?
(a) He is in limbo.
(b) It is not set in stone.
(c) He will probably have to go back to scavenging.
(d) It is assured.
8. How does Richard seem when he arrives and notices Nailer is awake?
(a) Genuinely pleased.
9. What does Nailer do?
(a) Dives under the water.
(b) Jumps into the shadows of the dock.
(c) Turns and walks in the opposite direction.
(d) Pulls his hood over his head.
10. About what do Nita and Nailer argue?
(c) Rich people.
11. What does Tool say about blood?
(a) It is usually true to itself.
(b) It does not determine one's fate.
(d) It is thicker than water.
12. What is problematic about wading in the lake?
(a) It has bad creatures lurking in it.
(b) It is very deep eventually.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is poisoned.
13. Who is Knot?
(a) A navigator.
(b) A half-man who works in the machine room.
(c) A sailmaker.
(d) A boatswain's crewmember.
14. What makes the interior of the ship so eerie as Nailer is running through it?
(a) The red emergency LED lights.
(b) The sounds of men and women running but Nailer not seeing anyone.
(c) The silence.
(d) The cries of those who are trapped below the water line.
15. How does Richard wound Nailer?
(a) Pushing him against a rotating fan.
(b) Throwing a spanner wrench at Nailer.
(c) A slash of Richard's machete across Nailer's stomach.
(d) Shooting him with a laser pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nailer see across the lake one day?
2. Who is in the attic when Nailer gets up there?
3. Where is Lucky Girl when Nailer wakes?
4. To what ship does Tool say Nita has been taken?
5. What does Nailer notice that frightens him?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)