|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nailer presses the knife against the rich girl?
(a) Her eyes blink.
(b) She groans.
(d) She screams.
2. What do Nailer and Pima do the day after the storm?
(a) Tend the wounded.
(b) Run errands for the older people.
(c) Hang around at the docks hoping work would start soon.
(d) Scavenge for supplies to build new homes.
3. What does Bapi do to Sloth?
(a) Shaves her head.
(b) Tattos the word traitor across her forehead.
(c) Slices off one of her fingers.
(d) Slices off her tattoos.
4. What do Nailer and Pima find in the engineering room?
(a) Three drowned half men.
(b) A drowned dog.
(c) A live dog.
(d) Two dead men.
5. How long could Nailer's head injury take to heal?
(a) Many days.
(b) A day or two.
(d) Several months.
6. What does Pima do despite gagging?
(a) Pulls a dead man off the bow.
(b) Digs through the pockets of a dead man on the ship.
(c) Rummage around four bodies to find the door to the inner cabin.
(d) Helps Nailer pull a dead woman out of one of the doorways.
7. What does Nailer decide has to be done if he does not kill Lucky Girl?
(a) She will have to swear a blood oath as a crew member.
(b) She will have to be hidden in the jungle.
(c) She will have to be turned over to Richard.
(d) She will have to be handcuffed to him.
8. What shocks Nailer and Pima when they are on board the clipper?
(a) The smell.
(b) The value of objects on board.
(c) The dead bodies.
(d) The way the ship shifts.
9. Why doesn't Nailer's father try to flee the storm?
(a) He does not think the storm is too bad.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) His judgement is impaired by drugs.
(d) He is unconscious.
10. How is Nailer seeing what he is doing?
(a) It's daylight, and he has no need for any extra light.
(b) He is holding a flashlight in his mouth.
(c) He has some phosphorescent gel smeared on his forehead.
(d) He's wearing a miner's cap.
11. Who does Pima see coming their way?
(a) A clipper ship.
(b) Richard and his thugs.
12. Who is Sadna?
(a) Nailer's cousin.
(b) Sloth's mother.
(c) Pima's mother.
(d) Bipa's wife.
13. What has Lucky Strike offered others until ship breaking begins?
(a) Some fuel for cooking.
(b) Food and water on credit.
(c) Small jobs to earn money.
(d) A place to gather.
14. What is clear about Nailer's injury?
(a) It is infected.
(b) It won't heal perfectly.
(c) It is healing.
(d) It is almost healed.
15. Where do Nailer and Pima find a clipper ship?
(a) Nestled in trees deep in the jungle.
(b) In the forest canopy.
(c) Anchored just off shore.
(d) Partly aground on the north side of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Life Cult group use human eggs to do?
2. What happens when the duct suddenly squeaks and shakes?
3. What is one problem Pima thinks about concerning the clipper ship?
4. What does no one take seriously about Sloth?
5. What shocks Nailer when he emerges from the trees?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)