|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nailer have to go to his house instead of Pima's?
(a) His father sends word for him to come home.
(b) The storm is coming too fast to get to Pima's house.
(c) To tell his father about what happened that day.
(d) He needs his spare set of clothes.
2. To what does Bapi condemn Sloth?
(b) Thirty lashes.
(c) A penal colony.
(d) A life off the crews.
3. On what type of crew does Nailer work?
(a) A light crew.
(b) A plumbing crew.
(c) A farm crew.
(d) An electrical crew.
4. Why does Nailer mark where he has ended his scavenge?
(a) So he will find the end the next day.
(b) So others will leave it alone.
(c) So he will not waste time going back down the same tunnel.
(d) So he can keep track of his pay.
5. What does Nailer's crew share?
(a) A pigeon and some liquor.
(b) Nailer's luck.
(c) A chicken and some beer.
(d) News about Sloth.
6. What does Bapi do to Sloth?
(a) Shaves her head.
(b) Slices off her tattoos.
(c) Slices off one of her fingers.
(d) Tattos the word traitor across her forehead.
7. Why doesn't Nailer's father try to flee the storm?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He does not think the storm is too bad.
(c) His judgement is impaired by drugs.
(d) He wants to die.
8. Who does Pima see coming their way?
(a) A clipper ship.
(d) Richard and his thugs.
9. What does the girl say that indicates she understands her situation?
(a) She will tell her father Nailer and Pima rescued her.
(b) She doesn't say anything.
(c) She is willing to defend the claim against other with Nailer and Pima.
(d) She is worth more alive than dead.
10. What does Nailer not understand about the owners of the clipper ship?
(a) Why they would have been out in the storm.
(b) Why they haven't started operations to pull it off the sand bar.
(c) Why they are anchored in pirate territory.
(d) Why they have not come looking for it.
11. How is Nailer seeing what he is doing?
(a) He is holding a flashlight in his mouth.
(b) He has some phosphorescent gel smeared on his forehead.
(c) He's wearing a miner's cap.
(d) It's daylight, and he has no need for any extra light.
12. What room does Nailer find as he is searching through the ship?
(a) A room of trunks.
(b) A girl's cabin.
(c) A room of expensive electronics.
(d) A room of books.
13. What do Nailer and Pima do the day after the storm?
(a) Hang around at the docks hoping work would start soon.
(b) Run errands for the older people.
(c) Tend the wounded.
(d) Scavenge for supplies to build new homes.
14. What does Lucky Girl say is probably on the clipper ship?
(a) More canned goods.
(c) More jewels.
(d) A radio.
15. What does the rich girl ask Nailer when she wakes?
(a) Why he didn't kill her.
(b) How he found the clipper ship.
(c) Why he keeps Pima around.
(d) How he hurt his shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nailer wear a mask?
2. What shocks Nailer when he emerges from the trees?
3. What does Nailer tell Sloth?
4. How does Nailer manage to avoid a beating from his father?
5. Why would Nailer and Pima have killed Lucky Girl if they had known who she was?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)