|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nailer watch as he lies down outside the tanker after work?
(a) A dragonfly alighting on a water lily.
(b) Clipper ships streaming across the water.
(c) An eagle hovering.
(d) His brother rolling wire.
2. What does Nailer decide has to be done if he does not kill Lucky Girl?
(a) She will have to be turned over to Richard.
(b) She will have to be handcuffed to him.
(c) She will have to swear a blood oath as a crew member.
(d) She will have to be hidden in the jungle.
3. How is Nailer seeing what he is doing?
(a) He's wearing a miner's cap.
(b) It's daylight, and he has no need for any extra light.
(c) He has some phosphorescent gel smeared on his forehead.
(d) He is holding a flashlight in his mouth.
4. What does Sadna pull from Nailer's skull?
(a) A piece of wire.
(b) Big globs of oil.
(d) A blade of rusted metal.
5. How long has Nailer owned the mask he wears?
(a) About 3 days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
6. What does Nailer decide to do to save himself?
(a) Strip off his clothes.
(b) Dive down into the oil.
(c) Make a deal with Sloth.
(d) Bang a hole to drain the oil.
7. To what does Nailer attribute his feelings about Bright Sands Beach?
(a) His near death experience.
(b) His mother's feelings about it.
(c) His possible bonus coming up.
(d) His father's feelings about it.
8. What type of clipper ship is the one they board?
9. What has Lucky Strike offered others until ship breaking begins?
(a) Some fuel for cooking.
(b) A place to gather.
(c) Small jobs to earn money.
(d) Food and water on credit.
10. For how many days does the storm rage?
11. Why is Nailer hesitant about seeing Richard?
(a) He thinks Richard looks different.
(b) He's not sure how his father feels about being saved.
(c) He's not sure if his father is drunk.
(d) He feels badly that he was not able to save his father himself.
12. What does the Life Cult group use human eggs to do?
(a) Create half human, half dog beings.
(b) Create a special medicine that prolongs life.
(c) Create a special medicine for cancer.
(d) Create embryos for the stem cells.
13. Where does Nailer go for help?
(a) The police.
14. What does the girl say when they have built a fire and given her food and water?
(b) Thank you.
15. What does Pima start thinking about immediately after seeing the clipper ship?
(a) What he'll do with the wealth.
(b) Re-floating it.
(c) Keeping it secret and scavenging it.
(d) Working on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her father know about Lucky Girl's situation?
2. What does Nailer finally notice?
3. Why would Nailer and Pima have killed Lucky Girl if they had known who she was?
4. How does Nailer mark Lucky Girl?
5. How do the few people who see Nailer react?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)