|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of clipper ship is the one they board?
2. What does Nailer watch as he lies down outside the tanker after work?
(a) His brother rolling wire.
(b) An eagle hovering.
(c) A dragonfly alighting on a water lily.
(d) Clipper ships streaming across the water.
3. Where do Nailer and Pima find a clipper ship?
(a) Nestled in trees deep in the jungle.
(b) Anchored just off shore.
(c) In the forest canopy.
(d) Partly aground on the north side of the island.
4. Who is Sloth?
(a) Nailer's older sister.
(b) Nailer's crewgirl.
(c) Nailer's supervisor.
(d) Nailer's twin brother.
5. What happens when the duct suddenly squeaks and shakes?
(a) The duct fills with poisonous vapors.
(b) It falls into a thick pool of dark liquid.
(c) It deafens Nailer.
(d) A huge spool of wire falls out of the duct.
6. Why is Nailer hesitant about seeing Richard?
(a) He's not sure how his father feels about being saved.
(b) He's not sure if his father is drunk.
(c) He thinks Richard looks different.
(d) He feels badly that he was not able to save his father himself.
7. How does Nailer mark Lucky Girl?
(a) With blood on her face.
(b) With a tatto of blue ink on her palm.
(c) He does not mark her as it would devalue her.
(d) With blood on her tongue.
8. Where does Nailer go for help?
(a) The police.
9. Pima tells Nailer that everyone wants to be close to Nailer because____________.
(a) Nailer has luck.
(b) Nailer was loyal.
(c) Bapi respects Nailer.
(d) Bapi promotes Nailer.
10. What does Nailer realize about Lucky Girl for the first time since he met her?
(a) She is not snobby like he'd imagine a rich girl would be.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She has a mean streak.
(d) She's pretty.
11. What surprises Nailer about himself?
(a) His conflicting emotions about killing the girl..
(b) He is actually contemplating killing a human just for money.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He would listen to what Pima is saying.
12. For how many days does the storm rage?
13. Who is Bapi?
(a) The crew boss.
(b) The beat cop.
(c) The accountant.
(d) The dock foreman.
14. What shocks Nailer when he emerges from the trees?
(a) The beach is swept empty.
(b) Two of the tankers are completely beached.
(c) Most everyone is dead.
(d) Despite the storm's ferocity, almost everything is still standing.
15. To whom is Richard grateful?
(b) Sadna and Nailer.
(c) Lucky Strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does no one take seriously about Sloth?
2. Why has Bapi cancelled the next day's work?
3. Where do they find bodies?
4. Where is Nailer crawling?
5. Why do the children work so hard when Bapi comes around?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)