|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nailer and Pima find a clipper ship?
(a) Nestled in trees deep in the jungle.
(b) In the forest canopy.
(c) Partly aground on the north side of the island.
(d) Anchored just off shore.
2. On what type of crew does Nailer work?
(a) A plumbing crew.
(b) An electrical crew.
(c) A light crew.
(d) A farm crew.
3. Why is Nailer hesitant about seeing Richard?
(a) He's not sure if his father is drunk.
(b) He's not sure how his father feels about being saved.
(c) He feels badly that he was not able to save his father himself.
(d) He thinks Richard looks different.
4. What does Nailer watch as he lies down outside the tanker after work?
(a) His brother rolling wire.
(b) A dragonfly alighting on a water lily.
(c) Clipper ships streaming across the water.
(d) An eagle hovering.
5. Who is Bapi?
(a) The accountant.
(b) The crew boss.
(c) The dock foreman.
(d) The beat cop.
6. Who is the only person on the island with medicine?
(a) Lucky Strike.
7. What does Bapi do to Sloth?
(a) Slices off her tattoos.
(b) Tattos the word traitor across her forehead.
(c) Shaves her head.
(d) Slices off one of her fingers.
8. What does Nailer know of one thing he does not have in his life?
9. Why does Nailer wear a mask?
(a) The air is full of sulfur.
(b) The air contains little oxygen.
(c) Protection from asbestos and rat droppings.
(d) So he cannot be recognized by the child labor people.
10. What worries Nailer?
(a) His sister starving.
(b) Sloth getting revenge.
(c) Bapi being angry that he let the oil into the water.
(d) Not making his quota.
11. For how many days does the storm rage?
12. What does it appear his father has done besides gotten drunk?
(a) Broken some dishes.
(b) Taken amphetamines.
(c) Brought a dead animal into the house.
(d) Killed someone.
13. What does Nailer say she must do if he keeps her alive?
(a) Pay them the ransom and not his father.
(b) Tell his father that Richard stole from her.
(c) Give them the clipper ship that wrecked.
(d) Take him and Pima off the island with her.
14. How does Nailer manage to avoid a beating from his father?
(a) Nailer tells him that Bapi wants to talk to the father.
(b) Nailer runs quickly to his room.
(c) Nailer gives him a bottle of liquor.
(d) Nailer tells him that he was promoted.
15. Pima tells Nailer that everyone wants to be close to Nailer because____________.
(a) Nailer was loyal.
(b) Bapi promotes Nailer.
(c) Nailer has luck.
(d) Bapi respects Nailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they find bodies?
2. How do Pima and Nailer survive the winds and rain?
3. Why can't Nailer buy something from Lucky Strike?
4. What room does Nailer find as he is searching through the ship?
5. What does Nailer feel as he propels himself out of the water?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)