|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pima and Nailer survive the winds and rain?
(a) Climbing a hill inland.
(b) Tying themselves to fence posts.
(c) Clinging to trees.
(d) Digging a cave in the side of the hill.
2. Who is Sadna?
(a) Bipa's wife.
(b) Pima's mother.
(c) Nailer's cousin.
(d) Sloth's mother.
3. How does Nailer explain why he took so long to get what he gathered?
(a) He hurt his back.
(b) His mask was malfunctioning.
(c) He scratched his eye.
(d) Nothing is left close to the surface.
4. Where is Nailer crawling?
(a) Under a house.
(b) Through a corn field.
(c) In an attic.
(d) Through a narrow tunnel.
5. What do Nailer and Pima do the day after the storm?
(a) Run errands for the older people.
(b) Hang around at the docks hoping work would start soon.
(c) Tend the wounded.
(d) Scavenge for supplies to build new homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Nailer's father try to flee the storm?
2. What do Nailer and Pima find in the engineering room?
3. How many dives does it take Nailer to open the door?
4. Where do Nailer and Pima find a clipper ship?
5. To what does Nailer attribute his feelings about Bright Sands Beach?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)