|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long could Nailer's head injury take to heal?
(a) Several months.
(c) A day or two.
(d) Many days.
2. Where do they find bodies?
(a) Mostly in the harbor around the pier poles.
(b) In tree limbs and on the shore.
(c) They do not find any since they were washed out to sea.
(d) Mostly still in the peoples' homes.
3. Who is Bapi?
(a) The crew boss.
(b) The accountant.
(c) The beat cop.
(d) The dock foreman.
4. Why does Nailer wear a mask?
(a) So he cannot be recognized by the child labor people.
(b) Protection from asbestos and rat droppings.
(c) The air is full of sulfur.
(d) The air contains little oxygen.
5. What is considered impossible for someone like Nailer?
(a) Leaving the neighborhood in which he is born.
(b) Becoming supervisor of a crew.
(c) Working on a clipper ship.
(d) Becoming educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nailer hear when he leans forward closer to the rich girl?
2. What surprises Nailer about himself?
3. What does Nailer's crew share?
4. What does Nailer know of one thing he does not have in his life?
5. Why is Nailer hesitant about seeing Richard?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)