|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pima do despite gagging?
(a) Rummage around four bodies to find the door to the inner cabin.
(b) Helps Nailer pull a dead woman out of one of the doorways.
(c) Pulls a dead man off the bow.
(d) Digs through the pockets of a dead man on the ship.
2. What does Nailer not understand about the owners of the clipper ship?
(a) Why they haven't started operations to pull it off the sand bar.
(b) Why they are anchored in pirate territory.
(c) Why they have not come looking for it.
(d) Why they would have been out in the storm.
3. What is one problem Pima thinks about concerning the clipper ship?
(a) It is dangerous to scavenge in their position.
(b) It will have to lighten its load to refloat.
(c) It may still have live people on board.
(d) It may belong to dangerous men.
4. What shocks Nailer when he emerges from the trees?
(a) Most everyone is dead.
(b) Despite the storm's ferocity, almost everything is still standing.
(c) The beach is swept empty.
(d) Two of the tankers are completely beached.
5. What does no one take seriously about Sloth?
(a) Her desire to marry a wealthy captain.
(b) Her wanting to crawl in the ducts.
(c) Her orders.
(d) Her dream to command a crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nailer and Pima do the day after the storm?
2. What has Lucky Strike offered others until ship breaking begins?
3. To what does Bapi condemn Sloth?
4. Why do the children work so hard when Bapi comes around?
5. What type of clipper ship is the one they board?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)