|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nailer decide to do to save himself?
(a) Dive down into the oil.
(b) Make a deal with Sloth.
(c) Bang a hole to drain the oil.
(d) Strip off his clothes.
2. What shocks Nailer and Pima when they are on board the clipper?
(a) The smell.
(b) The dead bodies.
(c) The way the ship shifts.
(d) The value of objects on board.
3. Where do they find bodies?
(a) Mostly in the harbor around the pier poles.
(b) They do not find any since they were washed out to sea.
(c) Mostly still in the peoples' homes.
(d) In tree limbs and on the shore.
4. How is Nailer seeing what he is doing?
(a) He has some phosphorescent gel smeared on his forehead.
(b) It's daylight, and he has no need for any extra light.
(c) He is holding a flashlight in his mouth.
(d) He's wearing a miner's cap.
5. What do crews do?
(a) Build homes.
(b) Salvage work.
(c) Build ships.
(d) Build spacecraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Bapi condemn Sloth?
2. How do the few people who see Nailer react?
3. Who is Sloth?
4. What does Nailer's crew share?
5. Why do the children work so hard when Bapi comes around?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)