|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is best at stripping wires from ancient tankers?
(a) Small children.
(b) Strong men.
(c) Anyone who wants good money.
(d) Trained dogs.
2. What has Lucky Strike offered others until ship breaking begins?
(a) A place to gather.
(b) Some fuel for cooking.
(c) Food and water on credit.
(d) Small jobs to earn money.
3. What is considered impossible for someone like Nailer?
(a) Working on a clipper ship.
(b) Leaving the neighborhood in which he is born.
(c) Becoming educated.
(d) Becoming supervisor of a crew.
4. What does the girl say when they have built a fire and given her food and water?
(d) Thank you.
5. How do Pima and Nailer survive the winds and rain?
(a) Tying themselves to fence posts.
(b) Clinging to trees.
(c) Digging a cave in the side of the hill.
(d) Climbing a hill inland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what is Nailer tugging?
2. Why doesn't Nailer's father try to flee the storm?
3. Why has Bapi cancelled the next day's work?
4. What does Nailer know of one thing he does not have in his life?
5. To what does Nailer attribute his feelings about Bright Sands Beach?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)