Chapters 1 - 3
• Nailer is crawling through an old tanker pulling copper wire to salvage. He has phosphorescent gel on his forehead for light.
• Nailer works on a crew that scavenges materials from ancient tankers to sell to bidders.
• The world of future earth is dangerous. Only the smallest children can fit in the tiny tunnels to strip metal cables and wires.
• Nailer has been using a mask for years to protect himself from the asbestos and rat droppings. The mask was made to use 40 hours.
• Sloth, a crew girl, calls down to check his progress. He reaches a place too small for him, marks it and clips off the wire.
• Nailer watches the clipper ships streaming across the water. It is his dream to work on one but children like him are never taken.
• The crew complains that Nailer took too long but he tells them everything is...
This section contains 3,000 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)