|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hallorann forced off the road on the way to the Overlook?
(a) A snowplow
(b) A swarm of wasps
(c) The woman from Room 217 appears
(d) A hedge lion
2. What does Jack do when he gets out of the pantry?
(a) He takes a knife from the pantry
(b) He runs out into the snowstorm
(c) He kills himself
(d) He takes the mallet and swings it back and forth
3. What does the Overlook tell Hallorann to do when he is in the shed?
(a) To smash the snowmobile
(b) To get away from the hotel
(c) To kill Wendy and Danny
(d) To kill himself
4. What does Hallorann see across the lobby at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) Jack, waiting for him with a mallet in his hand
(b) The rug is matted with blood and a piece of pink bathrobe is on the floor
(c) Danny in a trance
(d) Wendy, unconscious on the floor
5. Where does Wendy find a job after she recovers from her injuries?
(a) Al Shockley finds her a job in Maryland
(b) She becomes a teacher in New Hampshire
(c) She gets a job at a school in Maine
(d) She works as an assistant cook for Hallorann
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wendy get away from Jack?
2. Why does Jack think was the reason his father killed his mother?
3. Who tells Danny to call for Hallorann?
4. What does Jack yank out of the snowmobile and throw in the snow?
5. Who does Jack begin to blame for all the trouble at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack hope Wendy asks him after he slaps Danny and they get him settled down to sleep?
2. What does Danny think about as he and Wendy wait in the bedroom with a kitchen knife in Wendy's hand?
3. What does Jack do when he finds Wendy in the ballroom?
4. Jack leaves Room 217 and goes back to the kitchen where Wendy and Danny are waiting. What does he tell them he found in Room 217?
5. Does Wendy escape from Jack after she stabs him?
6. Jack feels Wendy is nagging him when she continues to ask about finding the snowmobile to get away from the Overlook? As Jack dwells on what she has said, what solution does he come up with?
7. What does the conversation between Grady and Jack consist of while they are in the Colorado Lounge?
8. What does Jack suddenly realize while he is in the basement looking over old rock and roll albums?
9. What events take place after Wendy finds Jack drunk on the floor?
10. How does Hallorann escape from the hedge lion's attack?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)