|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lloyd tell Jack that the manager is interested in?
2. How does Wendy get away from Jack?
(a) She kicks him
(b) She bites his face
(c) Danny bites his leg
(d) Danny jumps on Jack from behind the bar
3. What excuse does Hallorann tell his boss to get three days off to go help Danny?
(a) That he just found out he has cancer
(b) That his ex-wife died
(c) That his daughter is sick
(d) That his son was shot and in the hospital
4. What happens when the monster invading Jack's body goes into the boiler room?
(a) He notices that the Overlook scrapbook is missing
(b) He releases the pressure in the boiler
(c) He can't relieve the pressure in the boiler and it explodes
(d) Lloyd meets him there, handing Jack a martini
5. What does Wendy do when she gets away from Jack?
(a) She tells Jack she is sorry
(b) She runs out into the snow with Danny
(c) She smashes a wine bottle over his head
(d) She pleads with him not to hurt her
6. What happens to Jack when he tries to break down the bathroom door?
(a) He faints
(b) Wendy slashes his hands with razors
(c) He breaks his hand
(d) He finds he cannot get through the sturdy door
7. How does Hallorann get a snowmobile in the middle of a storm?
(a) He rents it from Larry Durkin in Sidewinder
(b) The snowplow driver gives it to him
(c) He finds it on the side of the road
(d) He buys it in Sidewinder
8. How is Hallorann forced off the road on the way to the Overlook?
(a) The woman from Room 217 appears
(b) A snowplow
(c) A hedge lion
(d) A swarm of wasps
9. What does Hallorann see in the window of the Presidential Suite as the Overlook burns?
(a) He sees the dead woman from Room 217 melting
(b) He sees Lloyd and Mr. Grady screaming
(c) He sees a dark shape that looks like a swarming nest of wasps
(d) He sees Jack Torrance burning
10. What happens when Wendy offers to help Jack upstairs?
(a) He is unable to get up
(b) He thanks her for the help
(c) He grabs Wendy's foot and then tries to strangle her
(d) He passes out
11. What does Jack think the hotel will do after he releases the pressure in the boiler?
(a) Kill him
(b) Thank him for saving the hotel
(c) Tell him he has to be more careful
(d) Punish him for almost blowing up the hotel
12. What does Jack see while he is locked in the pantry?
(a) He sees his father crying with guilt for murdering Jack's mother
(b) He sees Danny laughing at him
(c) He sees Ullman grinning
(d) He sees his father's murder of his mother with a cane
13. Who does Hallorann call for help to check on the Overlook?
(c) Al Shockley
(d) The rangers in Sidewinder
14. What does Grady tell Jack he has to do?
(a) Find Ullman
(b) Destroy the scrapbook
(c) Discipline Wendy and Danny
(d) Write a history of the Overlook
15. Wendy is severely injured. How does she get out of the Overlook?
(a) Danny drags her out of the hotel
(b) She manages to crawl out the door
(c) Hallorann carries both Wendy and Danny out of the hotel
(d) She lets herself drop out the window
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wendy get away from Jack?
2. Who is it that Danny realizes is chasing him?
3. What happens to Lloyd when Jack asks what the manager wants with his son?
4. What fills Hallorann's head as he drives to the Overlook?
5. What do Wendy and Danny do with Jack?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)