|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do after Wendy stabs him?
(a) He becomes unconscious
(b) He falls down the stairs
(c) He crawls away
(d) He follows her up the stairs
2. How does Danny find out that Wendy and Mr. Hallorann are hurt?
(a) Tony tells him
(b) The dead woman in Room 217 tells him
(c) It is written on the bathroom mirror
(d) Jack smiles and tells him
3. What does Jack yank out of the snowmobile and throw in the snow?
(a) The magneto
(b) The gearshift
(c) The gas tank
(d) The brake cables
4. Where is Jack hiding as Hallorann comes up the stairs?
(a) In the boiler room
(b) In the pantry
(c) On the roof
(d) In the elevator
5. What does Jack think about doing when he picks up the roque mallet in the shed?
(a) Destroying the snowmobile
(b) Throwing it out in the snow
(c) Burning it in the furnace
(d) Locking it in the tool box
6. What happens to Lloyd when Jack asks what the manager wants with his son?
(a) Lloyd turns red with anger
(b) Lloyd's face changes shape, cracking and turning yellow
(c) Lloyd turns into a snake
(d) Lloyd disappears
7. What does Jack see while he is locked in the pantry?
(a) He sees Danny laughing at him
(b) He sees Ullman grinning
(c) He sees his father's murder of his mother with a cane
(d) He sees his father crying with guilt for murdering Jack's mother
8. Who does Hallorann call for help to check on the Overlook?
(a) The rangers in Sidewinder
(d) Al Shockley
9. What does Hallorann see as he turns into the Overlook drive?
(a) Danny, crying
(b) Wendy, covered in blood
(c) Jack, holding a mallet
(d) The hedge lion
10. What blocks Danny's path when he goes to find his father?
(a) A man in a dog costume who threatens Danny
(b) The hedge lion
(c) The dead woman
(d) The fire hose
11. How is Hallorann forced off the road on the way to the Overlook?
(a) The woman from Room 217 appears
(b) A snowplow
(c) A swarm of wasps
(d) A hedge lion
12. Where is Jack standing when he sees the hotel coming to life?
(a) In the elevator
(b) In the lobby
(c) Outside Room 217
(d) Outside the Colorado Lounge
13. Who does Jack begin to blame for all the trouble at the hotel?
14. How does the message from Danny come to Jack Hallorann?
(a) Like a whisper in his ear
(b) Barely audible and weak
(c) Like static on the radio
(d) All at once, like a blast that drove everything else away
15. How do Danny and Wendy react after Jack tells them he found nothing in Room 217?
(a) They are relieved
(b) They are suspicious
(c) They are still worried
(d) They think he is lying
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Danny run toward the porch of the hotel when he is playing in the snow?
2. What does Jack have to promise Grady to get him to open the pantry door?
3. What fills Hallorann's head as he drives to the Overlook?
4. What does Jack do when Wendy goes to see if he is still in the pantry?
5. What do Wendy and Danny do with Jack?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)