|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack think was the reason his father killed his mother?
(a) He didn't know what he was doing.
(b) Out of a demand for respect
(c) He lost his temper
(d) He was out of his mind
2. How does Wendy get away from Jack?
(a) She bites his face
(b) Danny jumps on Jack from behind the bar
(c) Danny bites his leg
(d) She kicks him
3. How does Jack feel when Wendy asks him how he is going to get them off the mountain?
(a) He laughs angrily, telling Wendy they are snowed in
(b) He ignores her
(c) He slaps her
(d) He apologizes for not making arrangements for getting them into town
4. What does Jack have to promise Grady to get him to open the pantry door?
(a) He will kill Wendy and Danny
(b) He will kill Wendy and bring Danny to the manager
(c) He will kill himself
(d) He will leave the Overlook
5. How far does Hallorann have to detour because of the storm?
(a) 20 miles
(b) 2 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 5 miles
6. How does Wendy get away from Jack?
(a) She pushes him down the stairs
(b) She scrambles into the bedroom and locks herself in the bathroom
(c) She locks him in the bedroom
(d) She knocks him unconscious
7. Who hands Jack a martini, compliments of the manager?
(d) Mr. Grady
8. What does Hallorann see as he turns into the Overlook drive?
(a) Danny, crying
(b) The hedge lion
(c) Jack, holding a mallet
(d) Wendy, covered in blood
9. What happens to Lloyd when Jack asks what the manager wants with his son?
(a) Lloyd turns red with anger
(b) Lloyd turns into a snake
(c) Lloyd disappears
(d) Lloyd's face changes shape, cracking and turning yellow
10. How is Hallorann forced off the road on the way to the Overlook?
(a) A snowplow
(b) A swarm of wasps
(c) The woman from Room 217 appears
(d) A hedge lion
11. Where does Danny find Wendy and Hallorann?
(a) On the second floor
(b) In Room 217
(c) Locked in the bedroom
(d) In the pantry
12. What happens to Jack when he tries to break down the bathroom door?
(a) Wendy slashes his hands with razors
(b) He finds he cannot get through the sturdy door
(c) He breaks his hand
(d) He faints
13. Wendy is severely injured. How does she get out of the Overlook?
(a) Danny drags her out of the hotel
(b) She manages to crawl out the door
(c) She lets herself drop out the window
(d) Hallorann carries both Wendy and Danny out of the hotel
14. What does Lloyd tell Jack that the manager is interested in?
15. Where does Wendy find a job after she recovers from her injuries?
(a) Al Shockley finds her a job in Maryland
(b) She works as an assistant cook for Hallorann
(c) She becomes a teacher in New Hampshire
(d) She gets a job at a school in Maine
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound awakens the Torrances?
2. Why does Jack slap Danny?
3. Where does Dick Hallorann work after the tragedy at the Overlook?
4. What does Danny tell Wendy when she asks him if he talked to Tony?
5. What is Jack trying to repair to take his family to town?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)