|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57, Exit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Watson lingering in the lobby after staff has departed?
(a) To collect his pay from Ullman
(b) To give Ullman his keys
(c) To remind Jack to closely monitor the furnace and boiler
(d) He has misplaced his luggage
2. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) She thinks the bill is overcharged
(b) Her second husband has checked out without her
(c) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
(d) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
3. What does Jack see while he is locked in the pantry?
(a) He sees his father crying with guilt for murdering Jack's mother
(b) He sees his father's murder of his mother with a cane
(c) He sees Ullman grinning
(d) He sees Danny laughing at him
4. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
5. Why does Danny scream and wake Wendy?
(a) He sees a vision that terrifies him
(b) He hears a mallet hitting the walls
(c) He lost his shining
(d) He is afraid of her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
2. What does Jack have to promise Grady to get him to open the pantry door?
3. What random thought comes to Jack when reading about the costume ball?
4. Who is sitting at the lobby fireplace on the Overlook's closing day?
5. What reaction does the hedge dog have when the Overlook explodes?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)