|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47, Danny | Chapter 48, Jack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack think about doing when he picks up the roque mallet in the shed?
(a) Burning it in the furnace
(b) Locking it in the tool box
(c) Throwing it out in the snow
(d) Destroying the snowmobile
2. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
(b) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
(c) She thinks the bill is overcharged
(d) Her second husband has checked out without her
3. What would Jack do to the topiary animals if he owned the Overlook?
(a) Trim them regularly
(b) Fertilize the soil around them
(c) Cut them all down
(d) Hire a professional landscaper to take care of them
4. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
(a) They were film stars and entertainers
(b) They were involved in murder, drug trafficking, tax evasion, prostitution, bootlegging and illegal gambling
(c) They were the families of heroes who served in the war
(d) They were upstanding political figures
5. What is Jack trying to repair to take his family to town?
(a) The hotel truck
(b) An old snowplow
(c) A snowmobile
(d) A jeep
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy find in the elevator?
2. How does Wendy react when she realizes that Jack really didn't hurt Danny?
3. What does Jack have to promise Grady to get him to open the pantry door?
4. What does Lloyd tell Jack that the manager is interested in?
5. Why does Jack slap Danny?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)