|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, Hallorann, Going up the Country | Chapter 50, Redrum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jack's father treat him when he was drunk?
(a) Ignored him
(b) Beat him
(c) Screamed at him
(d) Hugged him
2. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny's neck?
(a) Danny did it with his jump rope
(b) Jack did it
(c) Danny fell on the stairs
(d) Danny did it
3. What gruesome literary work comes to mind as Danny stands at room 217?
(a) Fitcher's Bird
(c) The Bloody Chamber
(d) How the Devil Married Three Sisters
4. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
(a) Illegal workers often hide here for weeks
(b) The rich woman overdoses when the 17 year old
(c) Criminals often operate here for months because of the seclusion
(d) Non-payment of taxes for years
5. How do Danny and Wendy try to drown out Jack's screams?
(a) Listen to music
(b) Sing a song
(c) Cover their ears
(d) Read books out loud
Short Answer Questions
1. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
2. What does Danny wonder when Wendy tells him they will get out in the spring?
3. How does Ullman describe the Florida place?
4. Who does Jack begin to blame for all the trouble at the hotel?
5. What does Jack think the hotel will do after he releases the pressure in the boiler?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)