|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, Hallorann, Going up the Country | Chapter 50, Redrum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Danny and Wendy try to drown out Jack's screams?
(a) Read books out loud
(b) Cover their ears
(c) Listen to music
(d) Sing a song
2. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
(b) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
(c) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(d) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
3. What is Jack trying to repair to take his family to town?
(a) A snowmobile
(b) An old snowplow
(c) A jeep
(d) The hotel truck
4. How does the message from Danny come to Jack Hallorann?
(a) Like static on the radio
(b) Like a whisper in his ear
(c) All at once, like a blast that drove everything else away
(d) Barely audible and weak
5. What does Jack do when Wendy goes to see if he is still in the pantry?
(a) He curses and screams, vowing revenge
(b) He cries, saying he is sorry
(c) He attacks Wendy with the mallet, hitting her in the stomach, breaking two ribs
(d) He pleads with her to let him out
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Danny stands at the bedroom window at 2 AM?
2. How is Hallorann forced off the road on the way to the Overlook?
3. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
4. What is Jack's conclusion as the reason he called Ullman?
5. Where is Jack standing when he sees the hotel coming to life?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)