|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Otto initially use to explain his lack of confidence?
2. Who asks Jefferson where he can find a doctor?
3. After seeing the new recruits spotted by Jefferson, who wants to withdraw Confederate troops?
4. Who says he prays God will forgive Lavery for his "pretty" remark?
5. Whose brother swears in Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many new recruits does Jefferson report seeing?
2. Where was the orphanage located that one of the men from Chapter 6 once lived?
3. Who thought all children came from Boston?
4. Why does Jefferson join the army?
5. Who in the 23rd Indiana offers a bit of optimism about the weather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Armory provide regarding the wounded? How does he feel about his fellow squad members?
2. Explain the circumstances that lead to Jefferson joining the army.
3. Name two of the narrators from Chapter 6. How many narrators does Chapter 6 have?
4. How many people does Forrest lose from his cavalry unit in the Shiloh area battles? How do you know?
5. Who explains Forrest's battle strategy and what is that strategy?
6. What unnerves Otto most about the battle and why?
7. How and why is it important for the reader to know exactly who is narrating in Chapter 6?
8. What is the disguise used by Jefferson and the others who accompany him to his watch post? How do they get those disguises?
9. What does Jefferson witness from his lookout point, and what important information does he overhear?
10. Explain the conflict in Chapter 6 over use of the word "pretty."
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)