|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jefferson join the army?
(a) For tuition benefits.
(b) For the uniform.
(c) For the sizeable pension.
(d) To delay seeing his father.
2. Who is the unit commander of the 23rd Indiana?
(a) Harvey Kellums.
(b) Lew Wallace.
(c) Walter Fountain.
(d) Wallace Fountain.
3. Where was the orphanage located that one of the men from Chapter 6 once lived?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) New England.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
4. What battle site is the 23rd Indiana camp near?
5. Who is called a coward in Chapter 4?
6. Who thought all children came from Boston?
7. What does Keller call the people he is cussing?
(b) Mama's boys.
8. What, to Lavery, is "pretty?"
(a) A skirmish in the Union's favor.
(b) Confederate girls.
(c) A nice meal.
(d) A Union girl.
9. What is Jefferson's military job?
10. What was the gift given to Otto when he joined the army?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A watch.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A ring.
11. Who says that Otto and the other men have simply lost their confidence?
12. What is Keller's rank?
13. Who does Otto learn was with Walter when he was blown up by a cannon?
14. Who asks Jefferson where he can find a doctor?
15. In whose cavalry does Jefferson serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grew up in an orphanage?
2. According to Otto, what do some Union soldiers do as their attacks make little difference on the Confederates?
3. Who does Keller cuss?
4. Who, according to his recollection, gave Otto a gift when he joined the army?
5. What is the rank of Otto's commander?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)