|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the cavalry attack in Jefferson's recount?
2. Where is Jefferson sworn in as a cavalry recruit?
(a) The general store.
(b) The county library.
(c) Gayoso House.
(d) Magnolia Manor.
3. Where was the orphanage located that one of the men from Chapter 6 once lived?
(a) New England.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) The Midwest.
4. What was the gift given to Otto when he joined the army?
(a) A ring.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A quilt.
(d) A watch.
5. According to Jefferson, in what battle was Forrest wounded?
(a) Pittsburgh Landing.
(d) Fallen Timbers.
6. Why isn't the Shiloh area meant for a mounted cavalry attack?
(a) It is too muddy.
(b) It is too flat.
(c) It has too many ravines and trees.
(d) It is too hilly.
7. Where does Jefferson get the item that he wears when he takes the others to see the new recruits?
(a) It was a gift from his father.
(b) It was donated by a stranger.
(c) From a dead Union soldier.
(d) From a dead Confederate soldier.
8. What does Jefferson stand on to watch more soldiers arrive?
(a) An Indian mound.
(b) A box.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) A banana crate.
9. Who says Union soldiers were happy when Confederates did not charge again?
10. Where was Bedford born?
(a) In middle Tennessee.
(b) In Missouri.
(c) In southern Arkansas.
(d) In Boston.
11. How does Otto describe the unnerving sound?
(a) "Burst of black powder."
(b) "Didn't sound even partly human."
(c) "Was louder than a parade."
(d) "High pitched barking."
12. What is Otto's rank?
13. How many squad members are represented as narrators in Chapter 6?
14. Who is called a coward in Chapter 4?
15. Why does the 23rd Indiana have to march back on the first day of fighting?
(a) For exercise.
(b) To avoid marching directly into the hands of enemy troops.
(c) For punishment for making too much noise.
(d) For punishment for not being prepared.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing the new recruits spotted by Jefferson, who wants to withdraw Confederate troops?
2. Who asks Jefferson where he can find a doctor?
3. Who is wounded from the 23rd Indiana as the squad retreats in Chapter 6?
4. How do the infantry soldiers refer to the cannon detail, according to Otto?
5. Where are members of the 23rd Indiana camped?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)