|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Keller's rank?
2. How were Confederate soldiers buried by the Union?
(a) They were not buried at all.
(b) They were draped with branches.
(c) They were cremated.
(d) In mass graves.
3. Who is the commander of the new recruits that Jefferson sees arriving?
4. What, to Lavery, is "pretty?"
(a) A skirmish in the Union's favor.
(b) Confederate girls.
(c) A Union girl.
(d) A nice meal.
5. Who thought all children came from Boston?
6. Where are members of the 23rd Indiana camped?
(a) At Shiloh church.
(b) On a river island.
(c) At Stoney Lonesome.
(d) At Corinth.
7. Who is called a coward in Chapter 4?
8. How many squad members are actually named in Chapter 6?
9. How many squad members are represented as narrators in Chapter 6?
10. Which member of the 23rd Indiana is dissatisfied and plans to ask to transfer from that squad?
11. Why is a higher ranking officer needed after Jefferson points out the arrival of new recruits?
(a) A high ranking officer can officially pull the troops out.
(b) To find a good hiding place.
(c) To order more reinforcements.
(d) To devise a battle strategy.
12. How does Otto describe the unnerving sound?
(a) "Didn't sound even partly human."
(b) "Burst of black powder."
(c) "Was louder than a parade."
(d) "High pitched barking."
13. In whose cavalry does Jefferson serve?
14. Where was Bedford born?
(a) In southern Arkansas.
(b) In Boston.
(c) In middle Tennessee.
(d) In Missouri.
15. How many new recruits does Jefferson report seeing?
(a) At least 12,000.
(b) At least 6,000.
(c) At least 8,000.
(d) At least 10,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Jefferson where he can find a doctor?
2. How old was the boy when he left the orphanage?
3. What is Otto's job in the war?
4. Who is wounded from the 23rd Indiana as the squad retreats in Chapter 6?
5. Which member of the 23rd Indiana complains about the weather?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)