|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luther come to understand the attack plan?
(a) Someone who speaks English relays the message to him.
(b) He studies the manual.
(c) Someone draws it on the ground for him.
(d) He uses a dictionary.
2. What does Luther leave behind after his hand to hand combat?
(a) His nunchucks.
(b) His knife.
(c) His gun.
(d) His bayonet.
3. What is Walter Fountain's military rank?
4. To which regiment does Walter Fountain belong?
(a) 32nd Alabama.
(b) 35th New Orleans.
(c) 23rd Mississippi.
(d) 53rd Ohio.
5. What is Walter Fountain's title in the military?
6. Whose mother dies in childbirth?
7. Who rides by, impressing Luther as always with his bearing and appearance?
8. Who writes a letter for Confederate commanders to read to their troops as they march toward battle in Chapter 1?
9. What is Palmer's job in the Confederate Army?
10. What does Walter do while on guard duty?
(a) Plans his attack.
(b) Reads Tom Sawyer.
(c) Writes a letter.
11. What speech issue does Luther's commander have?
(a) A lisp.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He uses sign language.
(d) He doesn't speak English.
12. How many Confederate commanders think the battle in Chapter 1 should be called off?
(a) Only 1.
(b) None of them.
(c) Three of five.
(d) All of them.
13. What animal do some of the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 see and shoot at during their march?
(a) A dog.
(b) A deer.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A bear.
14. Who yells at Luther's troop to close the gap in the swamp?
15. In Johnston's opinion in Chapter 1, what kind of attack would the Confederacy need to make in order to have any chance at all of success?
(c) Slow and loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Union noise does Johnston hear in Chapter 1?
2. What does Luther's troop find past the Union tents?
3. How does Palmer know Sherman?
4. What do Luther and the other soldiers take from the Union tents as they rush past?
5. What is the name of the dog with Walter?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)