Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practical item do many of the Confederate soldiers join the army without?
(a) A birth certificate.
(b) Life insurance.
(c) A weapon.
2. What kind of dog is with Walter?
(c) A Redbone.
3. Who has information about the history of the word "Shiloh?"
4. What does Luther find after his hand to hand combat?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A ring.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
5. Where was Palmer when the Confederacy seceded from the Union?
(a) Sitting in a doctor's office.
(b) At Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
(c) Making a bank deposit.
(d) At the Louisiana State Military Academy.
6. What is the goal of Luther's troop, according to their attack plan?
(a) To blow up the Union's steam boat.
(b) To steal the cannons of the Union troop.
(c) To push the Union back to the banks of the Tennessee River.
(d) To capture at least 50 percent of the Union troop.
7. Who stopped maneuver practice to take a look at the dog?
8. What makes it impossible for Luther's troop to stay in formation?
(a) It's too dark to see.
(b) Briars and underbrush.
(c) It's raining too hard to see.
9. What does Walter's commander make the aides and officers do?
(a) Exercise each morning.
(b) Run five laps around the church site.
(c) Eat bugs along the trail.
(d) Train along with the troops.
10. Who is Luther's commander?
11. What is the name of the dog with Walter?
12. What does Luther's troop find past the Union tents?
(a) The cook's wagon.
(b) Union soldiers lined up shoulder to shoulder.
(c) The river.
(d) A dog.
13. What is the argument of Confederate commanders who insist upon a battle in Chapter 1?
(a) That the women will be disappointed.
(b) That they must do it for the Confederacy.
(c) That the soldiers must earn their wages.
(d) That not fighting would be demoralizing.
14. What makes the march for the Confederate soldiers at the beginning of the novel so difficult?
(c) The river.
15. What weapon does Luther use in hand to hand combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the men that Luther sees lying on the ground?
2. What provokes Walter's commander to send him with a message to the general that an attack is imminent?
3. Why doesn't Luther understand the attack plan?
4. What speech issue does Luther's commander have?
5. How does Luther come to understand the attack plan?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)