1. Toward what location is the Confederate Army marching at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is Palmer's job in the Confederate Army?
3. Which general is Palmer's boss?
4. Who describes the condition of the Confederate soldiers as they march in the beginning of the novel?
5. In Johnston's opinion in Chapter 1, what kind of attack would the Confederacy need to make in order to have any chance at all of success?
6. What makes the march for the Confederate soldiers at the beginning of the novel so difficult?
7. What finally cheers the Confederate soldiers on their march in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 3,627 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)