|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unit commander of the 23rd Indiana?
(a) Wallace Fountain.
(b) Lew Wallace.
(c) Walter Fountain.
(d) Harvey Kellums.
2. How does Palmer's father lose an arm?
(a) In a cotton gin.
(b) Fighting in Texas.
(c) At the lumber mill.
3. What image does Otto associate with the unnerving sound he describes?
(a) Marching bands.
(b) Dog bite.
(c) Brainless humans.
(d) Canon detail.
4. What, to Lavery, is "pretty?"
(a) A nice meal.
(b) A skirmish in the Union's favor.
(c) Confederate girls.
(d) A Union girl.
5. Where are members of the 23rd Indiana camped?
(a) At Stoney Lonesome.
(b) On a river island.
(c) At Corinth.
(d) At Shiloh church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Johnston's opinion in Chapter 1, what kind of attack would the Confederacy need to make in order to have any chance at all of success?
2. What are Pettigrew's last words?
3. Where is Jefferson sworn in as a cavalry recruit?
4. According to Walter, how do the Union soldiers spend their days?
5. Which general is Palmer's boss?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)