|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Keller cuss?
(a) The soldiers who are lost.
(b) The soldiers who get shot.
(c) The soldiers that are fleeing.
(d) The soldiers who cannot run.
2. What does Luther dream about the night before the battle at Shiloh?
(a) Cookies and cakes.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His family at home.
3. According to Otto, what do some Union soldiers do as their attacks make little difference on the Confederates?
(a) Load faster.
(b) Walk or run away.
(c) Scream for help.
(d) Work harder.
4. What is the "rattle" noise that Walter hears in Chapter 2?
(b) A dog.
(c) Confederate gunfire.
(d) A drum.
5. What image does Otto associate with the unnerving sound he describes?
(a) Marching bands.
(b) Canon detail.
(c) Brainless humans.
(d) Dog bite.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the letter read to Confederate troops in Chapter 1, who is depending on the soldiers?
2. How does Luther kill the Union soldier in hand to hand combat?
3. Why is Luther excused from a second day of charging?
4. Who insisted Jefferson attend seminary?
5. Who is Walter's commander?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)