|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Grant's family business?
2. To which regiment does Walter Fountain belong?
(a) 53rd Ohio.
(b) 32nd Alabama.
(c) 23rd Mississippi.
(d) 35th New Orleans.
3. How does Palmer's father lose an arm?
(a) In a cotton gin.
(c) Fighting in Texas.
(d) At the lumber mill.
4. What does Palmer call the Confederate army from the vantage point of a ridge in Chapter 1?
(a) Tiny, marching ants.
(b) Large army in motion.
(c) A hurricane of horror.
(d) Swimming sea of people.
5. Where was Palmer when the Confederacy seceded from the Union?
(a) Sitting in a doctor's office.
(b) Making a bank deposit.
(c) At the Louisiana State Military Academy.
(d) At Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Walter, who has always had a soft spot for animals?
2. How does Palmer learn so much about Johnston?
3. In Chapter 1, who is in favor of canceling the Confederate attack?
4. What does the Union noise that Johnston hears in Chapter 1 signify?
5. What kind of dog is with Walter?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)