|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter's commander make the aides and officers do?
(a) Run five laps around the church site.
(b) Eat bugs along the trail.
(c) Train along with the troops.
(d) Exercise each morning.
2. What makes some of the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 yell for joy?
(b) The war is cancelled.
(c) The sun comes out.
(d) It begins to rain.
3. How does Palmer learn so much about Johnston?
(a) From his father.
(b) From a book.
(c) He is Palmer's uncle.
(d) He was Palmer's teacher.
4. What is the word that is unfinished in the letter in Chapter 2?
5. What does Luther find after his hand to hand combat?
(a) A ring.
(b) A gun.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "rattle" noise that Walter hears in Chapter 2?
2. What two words does Luther use to describe the war?
3. Where was Palmer when the Confederacy seceded from the Union?
4. What is Luther Dade's rank in Chapter 3?
5. Who describes the condition of the Confederate soldiers as they march in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)