|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes the condition of the Confederate soldiers as they march in the beginning of the novel?
2. What provokes Walter's commander to send him with a message to the general that an attack is imminent?
(a) He hears something in the woods.
(b) A minor skirmish.
(c) Dreaming about a skirmish.
(d) Seeing Union soldiers on the march.
3. How do the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 test their guns?
(a) By replacing them.
(b) By burning them.
(c) By reloading them.
(d) By firing them.
4. What is the goal of Luther's troop, according to their attack plan?
(a) To steal the cannons of the Union troop.
(b) To blow up the Union's steam boat.
(c) To push the Union back to the banks of the Tennessee River.
(d) To capture at least 50 percent of the Union troop.
5. Who is Luther's commander?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the march for the Confederate soldiers at the beginning of the novel so difficult?
2. How does Palmer learn so much about Johnston?
3. What does Luther's troop find past the Union tents?
4. What does the Union noise that Johnston hears in Chapter 1 signify?
5. How long has Walter been gone from home?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)