|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luther Dade's rank in Chapter 3?
2. What is the "rattle" noise that Walter hears in Chapter 2?
(a) A dog.
(c) A drum.
(d) Confederate gunfire.
3. What is part of the daily drills for the Union soldiers?
(a) Being shot at.
(b) Making weapons.
(c) Changing locations.
(d) Spying on the Confederates.
4. What is Walter's impression of the Confederate territories as he travels through them?
(a) They are not worth fighting for.
(b) They can be improved with Union funds.
(c) He wants to move there when the war ends.
(d) They are lush, fertile territories.
5. What is the word that is unfinished in the letter in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed the animal that the Confederate soldiers in Chapter 1 see and shoot at during their march?
2. Who yells at Luther's troop to close the gap in the swamp?
3. Where was Palmer when the Confederacy seceded from the Union?
4. What does Luther find after his hand to hand combat?
5. Who is Walter's commander?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)